What speaker cable made a major difference in the sound quality of your speakers??

I am curious what speaker cables made a big "jaw dropping difference" in the sound quality of your current speakers.  What most impressed you about the difference;  that is, overall musicality, tighter, deeper bass, midrange clarity and soundstage depth, etc.etc. 

Keep the price of the speaker cables chosen or auditioned at  between $800- $1000 or  from  $1000-$1500. Was the cable bought new or used??

Thank you,   SJ

sunnyjim
KLE Innovations gZero2 were the initial wake-up call - I then tansferred these to my AV system and got the gZero6 model.

I have tried their next version, but I didn't feel the the improvements attained over the gZero6 warranted the additional expense.

I found that these cables alone were equivelent to a component upgrade and have also tried the gZero2's on a very nice $50k Ayre based system, where they worked extremely well.

The gzero6's improve on the warmth, details, clarity, bass depth/control and image

One drawback - they require a long burn-in period - around 200 hours gets pretty close, but over 400 hours and they really start to show their prowess.

Hope that helps
Clear Day Cable, Double Shotgun with four wire Jumpers.
$450.00 8’ pair.

N
The most impressive array of cables that I have seen and heard personally ( that comparison is a highly subjective one) was an all-NORDOST ODIN cable array on a $500,000 2-channel ultra high-end system (source, preamp, power amps and speakers )

Ka-Ching, ka-Ching....but WTF, it follows in tandem with what’s in front of it. The cables are the final link in setting up a system synergy overall that transmits the good, the bad, and the ugly produced in front of them. Garbage in, garbage out. It’s the electronics that serve to create some approximation of a slack-jawed audio experience, not the cables .

Cables can either perform well and certainly augment an audio system to attain peak performance, but they will never be the genesis by themselves of an "A-ha" moment. Poor cable selection generally can take away from peak performance, they don’t invoke a walk down the yellow brick road to The Emerald City in OZ .

i auditioned many cables for MY system (emphasis added ) and settled on an all- NORDOST FREY cable array (all of speaker, IC and power) as MY preferred choice AT THEIR PRICEPOINT (emphasis added again...) using the 10% of the system ex-cables guidelines .

Takeaway:

Even though I reside in the "pro-cables ... yes, they do make a difference" camp in the senseless, boring, and pedantic anecdotal cable wars perpetrated by the forum trolls,  , even I will agree that at a $500 pricepoint, the audio performance differences between Brand X versus Brand Y in speaker cables is minimal to nil if they are mass-marketed built with a generic run-of-the mill (cheap?) parts and assembly quality standard. The build quality of the cable connectors on a particular cable (e,g quality built all-Cu WBTs or the like) versus the cheap-as-you-make-them crap quality made-in-China plated Brass alloy ones, have an overall larger effect than the actual cable itself .

Particularly at that pricepoint, many brands simply don’t make their own cables but just order up mass-produced cheap kit from 3rd party suppliers. That’s where much of the snake oil acrimony in cables discussion starts.

In my experiences, the informal and anecdotal "10% of your gear suggested $$ outlay" price-point for cables will get you towards the system’s peak performance available strata .... that’s about as good as you can hope for.

At a suggested $500 price-point strata, the audio performance differences in choosing one cable over another is system dependent for sure, but the degree(s) of improvement are marginal to incremental at best and not any epic "jaw-dropping" step-up.
Did a single blind experiment with jazz loving neighbors. Mogami Sound Runner vs. Wireworld Eclipse.

Monoblock amps, Focal Profile speakers. Theta Casanova as the source.

I asked them to listen for imaging, midrange and treble. They could not see which cable was attached at any given time, and I did not mention brands or prices. Went back and forth a few times.

Results were really interesting:

We both agreed about the quality of the sound differences.

We disagreed about "better."

Mogami had a better, wider tonal balance. Wireworld had better imaging, and darker.

I preferred the better imaging, neighbors preferred the tonal balance.

Best,

E
Under a grand Audio Art SC-S5e, VERY coherent with great tone and sounstage, Furtech bannas a pleasure to use .Excels on Acoustic music .
I'm a SC freak, to be honest I doubt if you can do better under 2 K .