Small living room speaker options.. Totem Arro?

Hi,

I've recently moved into a small condo and feel like my LSi9s are just not working so well in this small living room (11x14). These speakers need to be a bit away from the wall and are fairly large in stature. I am also doing much more low volume listening now and feel like the LSi9 works better when at mid volume, otherwise it's kind of a sleepy speaker that isn't very detailed, especially missing much of the mid section when listening at very low volumes.

So what I want is a small form factor speaker that has clear and live presentation at low volume. From everything I read it seems that the Totem ARRO is a very good contender for this job, especially since it's small and loves to be close to the wall, which is where I'd have it for aesthetic purposes. 

My gear consists of a Classe SSP AMP2 (Class D), which is a 200w amp, so I think I should have no shortage of power. My pre is an Outlaw 975 which will probably get upgraded over the next year or two, but for now this is what I'm working with.

Would love to hear any thoughts on the Arro in this setup and any other options I might look into at this price point and size. Again, keeping in mind low listening volume requirement and lively/punchy presentation, although I'm not a fan of "bright"  speakers. 

Should I consider the Totem Staff? I would probably like it's tonality better, because it's closer to my LSi9 in the sense that it's a more laid back speaker. But I am not sure if it will work as well as the arro in low listening volume and it is also a larger speaker in terms of dimensions that also probably would not work quite as well backed up against the wall.

Any and all thoughts much appreciated! 
lietuvis91
I've had Rega RS-3 and still have a pr of RS-1 in bedroom , neither were ever bright , very underated 
I’m impressed to see so much support for the Rega brand. I had honestly never heard of it before this thread.

You guys have really completely have me re-thinking the decision to go with towers. I imagine that no matter how small tower I go with, it will still create some level of additional "clutter" in this tiny 11x14 room. And with the many suggestions of good bookshelf options, I am really thinking I should go with a small bookshelf instead.

So with the priorities being:
- a minimalist low profile do-it-all speaker
- low volume coherence (with the option of adding a sub if absolutely necessary)
- ability to place close to the back wall

I’ve drawn up my list of contenders:

Rega RS-1 (or RX1)
Dynaudio Focus 160
Ascend Sierra 1
Totem SKY
Totem Rainmaker
Salk Silk (only if I can find them used)

What else should I add to the list that will is small and competent?

Wow, nice... that looks like a very interesting option nitewulf. Never heard of these before either. Appreciate you sharing that idea, I’ll look into it.
The Rega are more easy to drive, important in condo. I've has several prs of totems still have a pr of totem sigs1 . they need a lot of juice and not at their best at low volume where rega excel .
I usually have about 20 prs of speakers at one time and in last 45 years owned well over a hundred .