Sonus Faber vs Focal and maybe even Dynaudio or PSB

Hello,

A favorable tax return is allowing me to upgrade my current B&W 684 2.5 way floor standers. I have a Rogue Audio RP-1 that I would like to keep in the system and eventually upgrade the Rotel class D amp to a more modern class D piece after I choose the speaker. I am also running a single Velodyne Micro-V

I want to support my local dealer because they are pretty good about letting me have demos or brand new stuff in my system. The speakers I can choose from are Focal,PSB, Sonus Fabor and DynAudio. I can probably demo any of these products. But I don’t want to go overboard and request to demo everything as I have a modest budget of $2K. The first product I have lined up for a demo is the Focal Chorus 726.

My sources are vinyl and digital (deezer and some HD files) fed through a Wadia 321. I listen to all types of rock, progressive and some jazz.

I have always been fairly satisfied with the B&W characteristics so I don’t want to have a speaker that is to bright or not natural sounding or has to much bass. I just want a well balanced product.

Any light that can be shed my direction is appreciated.

128x128jbuhl
I'd absolutely be looking at the Aria 906 over any chorus floorstander.   Then get an integrated with bass management and integrate your sub properly.  Way better sound that way.
I have owned several pairs of Dynaudio speakers in the past 15 years. Take a good listen to the Contour 1.4s, Special 25 and C1.
SonusFaber would be my second choice. The SF are less dynamic and much warmer than the Dynaudios, IMO.

I also recommend class A/AB POWER AMPLIFICATION.
just me but i'd opt for a better amp first as the speakers you have are probably quite good.
what does your dealer have to demo in amps? 
I think your on the right track selecting the speakers first and then an amp to properly drive them.  An amp is a much easier purchase determined by what speakers you have.

Since you are familiar with how your B&W's sound, I would say the Focals are the most similar.  Then the PSB'S.  Then the Dyns and finally the SF's which would be opposite of the B&W sound.  Which you will prefer will be entirely up to you.

Have fun finding out.
Paraneer,

Yeah that was the advice I got from another thread I had going about overall system upgrades based on what I already had.  Hopefully I can get the Focals going soon.