Krell S1200 or Yamaha CXA5100?

These 2 seem to be close in used price 1500 for Yamaha and 2K for basic S1200 Krell.  I am looking for best quality performance through HDMI DTS MA and Dolby TRU HD. I am using a Panasonic UB900 which seems to be a good digital transport compared to the other BR players I"ve had and since it has dual HDMI outs I don't care about video capabilities of the processor and don't care about the atmos feature since I'm only using 5.1 speaker setup. Just audio from HDMI is mainly all I'm concerned about.
nak127

Hello Auxinput,

Thanks for info. I'm used to Krell bugs. I have AVS standard which locks onto dolby 2.0 but sometime forgets to load DTS after movie starts but cycling through inputs again fixes that. This makes decision easier and I also found out Yamaha dropped internet radio on this processor which I loved on their receivers. Do you know if firmware can be updated over net/USB on Krelll? I know AVS and HTS that I previously had required IC's  to upgrade.

Firmware update on the S1200 is still done through RS232 serial port/cable.  Krell has a special software program you can install on a laptop/computer to write new firmware to the S1200.
That's good to know about the firmware. I was just thinking- I do have 3 higher end preamps all krell and connecting to multiout analog of Panasonic. In your opinion would the s1200 be superior to this or about same?
I don’t have them set up like that yet but was considering it. Audio video standard,Kav300r(has preamp out), and Kav250P. Currently using AVS as Ht unit. It is not competitive compared to newer offerings at HT but is really good in 2 channel in my opinion. My previous HTS 7.1 killed it in HT but I preferred preamp and PCM 2 ch on this(has same basic circuits as studio) Preferred looks on AVS also.