Thrift store tune treat for half-buck + tax

I stopped at one of my favorite thrift stores of Durham NC and after quick surf through the record boxes I found Leinsdorf//Petrushka on Decca Viva released in 1983 UK. I've been happy with 80's Decca labels in general so indeed had to give it a try for half-buck in very clean condition with undamaged inner original polylined sleeve.
When I started listening, I thought I couldn't be happier with sound that has amazing stereo mix with imaging and placement of instruments. It literally defines precise placement of instruments throughout the entire album so that you want to be a conductor yourself :). Also I was impressed with exceptional detail and genuine natural sound of instruments. 
czarivey
One think I know ,fact certain, is that you are either getting better or you are getting worse .
People who spout garbage about "old dudes’ etc are not getting better .

One of the greatest of the classical minds, the Roman Senator Cicero, said "If you do not understand History you remain forever a child " .
He was correct .
Schubert, speaking of know-ledge, shouldn’t you be standing out on a ledge somewhere? By the way, do those little sayings you post really pass for philosophy where you come from?

It's not History that I value about classical music, but rather variety of pieces beyond popular Stravinsky/Petrushka. I also like the fact that it's HUGE work of artist no matter solo or orchestral to bring it to listener's pleasure. 

"If you do not understand History you remain forever a child " 
One main thing to understand about History that it's never been accurate unless you're an eyewitness -- otherwise you can still remain forever as child...
One main thing to understand about History that it's never been accurate unless you're an eyewitness -- otherwise you can still remain forever as child...
czarivey, I think that's your best post ever.