Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
Todd,

Have you heard the Mytek DAC/preamp combo? They're pretty good if you have liminted number of sources. :)
Eric, reading your post about the old amps with meters got me thinking about buying a doa for the chassis and gutting it to install a class d module. Could be a fun project. 
@chrshanl37

I think that's an excellent idea. :) Some modules provide supplementary 12V power, so with a little tinkering you may indeed be able to revive them without very much work! :)

You may also want to think about replacing any lights with modern LED equivalents. May help with the power supply situation.

Best,

E
I had thought about the lights and agree that is a good way to go. I had a class d sds 470c and enjoyed it as much or better than any amps I've owned (especially when paired with both a Modwright tube pre and a Tad 150) so I may start there.
Post removed