Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Troy. Dave knows me. He has been to my house. Talk to him about bringing some of the real contender stuff over and we can play. I'd love to hear the T&A and Davinci. 

Thanks for input on the Rossini guy's. I have felt the other DCS to be overly analytical; but I thought the Rossini was different. Maybe not. 
I will talk to him tomorrow, what is the rest of your system and where are you located?

I am sure we can arrange for a demo. You should call the shop.
the DaVinci is still the best one-box DAC I've heard until today. I also loved the full stack of the Scarlatti was incredible, but complicated. both are crazy money, but I haven't heard better. Still want to listen an AudioAero LaSource and Gryphon Kalliope.
I agree Reverendo,  the MK II Davinci is even better than the Mark One almost impossible to hear as the owner of Light Harmonic is personally upgrading each unit himself so the likely hood is what you heard was a MK I Dual Dac

The Mark II Dual Dac expands on everything in the MK I and adds 768k and DSD 512.

We are feeding our Davinci with a Baetis Reference computer and the sound is to die for, extremely analog with tremendous air and depth.

If you are ever in our neck of the woods love for you to hear our setup.

Troy
Audio Doctor
877 428 2873