Living in Audiophile Hell ! Buenos Aires , Argentina

You Boys just don't know exactly how good you have it in the 1st. world of Audio Heaven.

I have to live with the "Latest" equipment from the 90's yet it is considered the latest and commands outrageous resale values.

Example:

Martin Logan Model Monolith 3 

$130.000.00 replaced panels but very old news. Translation : $8400.00 dollars here.
$1250.00 USA

Krell K.A.S 2 : $225,000.00 recapped by Krell rep. = $14,500.00 Bucks here.

Maybe $6,600.00 USD.

Automatic 50% import duties added to the government's perceived value plus s/h. 

Then the resale shop doubles and triples the total.

If I could bring down a 42ft. container full of obsolete but shiny Hi-Fi and avoid Customs Duties it's a real lucrative business but a limited amount of Audiophiles.

I have the Only Woo WA22 and Wadia DAC and HD800 S series in the country. Not even the official Sennheiser store has them . I can get $3,600.00 USD and the Cardas Clear XLRs are $3k USD.

Watt Puppy 6's for $15k USD ! Come on !

It only get's worse.

Latest IPhone 2k USD.

Bring a few and they will pay for your vacation.

Thanks for allowing me to rant!

Happy Listening,

RG
128x128tejanolibre
90s is old news? Oh my!

Almost all of my equipment is from the 50s to the 80s, and I'm happier than a pig in ... a pigpen. 

I dont relate to all of this newest/expensive going-around-in-circles stuff, especially in an audio market that has become absurdly distorted by what the 0.001% are willing to pay. As I am too fond of saying: David Hafler, where are you in this time of need?

I carefully shopped for what worked and searched for the best deal possible and then I stick with it until it breaks, then I have someone fix it. If there are appropriate upgrades to parts, I have that done at that time. 

I love Argentina btw. I was there in 89. Came by bus from the Atacama desert in Chile (the trip started in Santiago) over the Andes into Salta, took the train down to Buenis Aires. 

Be well.