How would you get into the biz?

I'm really NOT soliciting here.

I'm just thinking about how VERY difficult the high end speaker business is. It is the electronic equivalent of opening up your own restaurant. Very hard, laborious, risky, and full of nefarious types. Kind of like the concrete business. :)

What do you think are the best and worst ways?

Best,

E
erik_squires
Build a pair and do an audio tour with members on here in good standing. AJ of Soundfiled Audio did this with a pair of his speakers on Audiocircle as have other manufacturers.

If you can answer the question "why" you want to be in the business, then the "how" is easier to answer. The industry is saturated with a plethora of fantastic options, so if you’re getting into the game, what are you bringing to the table that differentiates you? What is your competitive advantage relative to the already established brands?

If you’re going to pursue the low cost leadership route, then you probably want to get on with Best Buy and the major retailers. If you’re going the high end/boutique product route, a tour showcasing your product at the boutique stores makes sense.

I think it just all comes does to what you’re bringing to the table and what your target audience is. 

To paraphrase Steve Martin, "Make something that is so good they can’t ignore you."
wolf_garcia
To paraphrase Steve Martin, "Make something that is so good they can’t ignore you."

Oh, you mean like the Black Fuse?

" To paraphrase Steve Martin, "Make something that is so good they can’t ignore you."

Like Bose?