Speaker Break In Question - going from single wired to bi-wired

I own a pair of Wilson Benesch Square 5's and have had them hooked up as a single wire connection for the past year until recently when I had my speaker cables re-terminated to be bi-wired. The question I have and I do realize that the cables themselves need time to break in, but do the terminals themselves and any associated electronics in the speakers also need break in time due to the wiring change ?     
garebear
I'm guessing the reason behind the original question is there was no perceived sonic improvement between the single-wire and bi-wire arrangements. If so, I don't think the "break-in" had anything to do with this result, especially if you just "re-terminated" the same cables. I did help a friend a couple of years ago to switch from single to bi-wire and the SQ did improve a little but he also used much better (bi-wire) cables. Even then the improvement was very subtle. He eventually bi-amped the speakers using identical monoblocks and that DID make a noticeable difference.
Ideally you should run 2 pairs of speaker cables to different amps (i.e. bi-amp).  AND use a monoblock for each driver with a short cable...

Dick Vandersteen does like bi-wiring and IIRC he has some explanations for it on the internet somewhere.

That does not mean it will work with all designs
" Ideally you should run 2 pairs of speaker cables to different amps (i.e. bi-amp).  AND use a monoblock for each driver with a short cable.."

Biamping like you are suggesting almost always fails. 90%+ chance you'll need to get an active xover, and they create as many problems as they fix. It makes more sense to do a vertical biamp with 2 identical stereo amps because you can get around all those problems. Actually, not long ago I was fooling with my system which has 2 Ayre V-5's amps in a vertical biamp. I connected them horizontal to see what it would sound like because its been a long time since I last tried it. It turned out to be a train wreck. It ruined the overall sound of my system.

I do believe bi-wiring is a voodoo thing ,it's better to invest on good jumpers or biamp with 2 identical stereo amps as @sfall suggested for a real sound improvement.