Living in Audiophile Hell ! Buenos Aires , Argentina

You Boys just don't know exactly how good you have it in the 1st. world of Audio Heaven.

I have to live with the "Latest" equipment from the 90's yet it is considered the latest and commands outrageous resale values.

Example:

Martin Logan Model Monolith 3 

$130.000.00 replaced panels but very old news. Translation : $8400.00 dollars here.
$1250.00 USA

Krell K.A.S 2 : $225,000.00 recapped by Krell rep. = $14,500.00 Bucks here.

Maybe $6,600.00 USD.

Automatic 50% import duties added to the government's perceived value plus s/h. 

Then the resale shop doubles and triples the total.

If I could bring down a 42ft. container full of obsolete but shiny Hi-Fi and avoid Customs Duties it's a real lucrative business but a limited amount of Audiophiles.

I have the Only Woo WA22 and Wadia DAC and HD800 S series in the country. Not even the official Sennheiser store has them . I can get $3,600.00 USD and the Cardas Clear XLRs are $3k USD.

Watt Puppy 6's for $15k USD ! Come on !

It only get's worse.

Latest IPhone 2k USD.

Bring a few and they will pay for your vacation.

Thanks for allowing me to rant!

Happy Listening,

RG
128x128tejanolibre
Is there anyone designing hfi in Argentina? There is more and more gear being made all over the world these days maybe check around your own country.
with that screen name the OP should move up to near the Tex-Mex border
If you live close enough to Brazil to drive, you may have some luck finding gear. No idea if you'll have problems at the border with the equipment, but it may be worth looking into.
tejanolibre, it never ceases to amaze me how quickly some will launch into 'get rich quick' schemes without the slightest knowledge of what might befall one if caught doing something that skirts the rule and regulation of an entirely different country with all that consists of...

But I'm probably just a 'nattering nabob of negativity'...cultural/political pun intended....;)
What's the point of bitching and moaning about your country? Don't get it.

I live in Argentina too. Sure, prices are high and there is basically no supply. But with a little creativity and patience you can bring stuff, use it, then resell for those ridiculous prices.