How would you get into the biz?

I'm really NOT soliciting here.

I'm just thinking about how VERY difficult the high end speaker business is. It is the electronic equivalent of opening up your own restaurant. Very hard, laborious, risky, and full of nefarious types. Kind of like the concrete business. :)

What do you think are the best and worst ways?

Best,

E
erik_squires
@erik_squires 

Erik,  If you ever want to get started at something feed me a pm... I've never shared my daytime job on a forum. Looking at the comments above are things that I take for granted... when I truly left the audio world,  I followed my degree (broadcast journalism).... today I am Vice President of a full service advertising agency....  The above folks speak the truth, but I don't think that 99% of anyone has an idea of where digital marketing is going and/or what its going to take to use it in our ever changing online world... Just a peak.... If you want to start a web business today, right now,  If your website does not have Artificial Intelligence, very soon, you won't be able to properly gather data.  We drive thousands of leads to websites through social media. SEM on its on is tough, So,  just some food for thought... Overall,  our audiophile community is fairly small.  I still believe that you get your product in a decent publication,  show it as a couple of well attended shows.  Make the product accessible and affordable,  then get any type of decent distribution and you'll take off. (of course,  you need a great product that can make it on its own merit)  
 Good luck,  I hope this helps,  Tim
Post removed 
@ebm  

"This is as clear as mud!!.... so is coffee, but I still like it. 
Thanks @dbtom2 !! I'll look it up.

randy-11 (sorry can't "at" you) - Well, there's things I love doing, which is designing 2 way speakers, and there's something I'd like to be: happy and rich. :-)  I'm trying to connect the two. I think of myself as a cook, trying to think of how to start a restaurant, knowing my utter and complete lack of expertise in opening or running a restaurant, but being passionate about the food I make.

Best,

E
How do you make a small fortune in the audio biz? 

Start off with a big fortune.