How would you get into the biz?

I'm really NOT soliciting here.

I'm just thinking about how VERY difficult the high end speaker business is. It is the electronic equivalent of opening up your own restaurant. Very hard, laborious, risky, and full of nefarious types. Kind of like the concrete business. :)

What do you think are the best and worst ways?

Best,

E
erik_squires
Hi Erik,
Just about 18 Months ago, my old friend that started the old Marcof Electronics and myself came very close to starting a line... We were going to injection mold a cabinet and have powered speakers with Dac’s built in... I didn’t see any problem starting. Get a couple of reviews, , go to something like an Axpona and a RMAF and we’d be off and running.... Just a decision to grab dealers in this economy or sell online or distribute through online retailers. How you sell your product is the biggest challenge these days.
Celebrating my 25th anniversary on April 1st of founding PBN Audio.  

Marketing, Marketing,  Marketing the equivalent of  Location, Location, Location for real estate :-), you can have the best engineered product in the world but if no one knows about it no one will buy it.  

As with anything it can be done but requires Focus, Determination and  Hard work, be prepared to work 7 days a week.   

Good Listening

Peter
I'm still not understanding your approach.  Do you mean you want to start a speaker business as the owner and hire others to design the speakers?

If so, you should start with a large fortune, then move to China - near their best engineering school.

Eventually, you will end up with a small fortune.