Harbeth C7ES3 vs Spendor SP2/3R2

I recently acquired some beautiful Harbeth C7ES3 stand mount speakers and some Sound Anchor stands.

I normally wouldn't purchase speakers unheard, but I went against my own advice this time and let all the internet hype sway my risky decision.

The Harbeths are currently in the break-in period, and so far I'm not terribly impressed. In fact, the only trait I prefer over my MA Silver 8s is the midrange tone, everything else is inferior thus far.

I realize that comparing some medium sized, metal cone floor standers to BBC style 2-ways is apples to oranges, but I was really hoping the Harbeths would captivate me, if by completely different merits. 

I hope that some break-in will change my view in the coming days. However, the dealer I bought these from claims that the Spendor SP2/3R2 might be the better speaker for my room and preferences. The Spendors are another $500 on top of the Harbeths which already stretched my budget.

Anyway, I'm curious if anyone here has compared these two models and can give me some feedback.

I think I'd be very pleased with the Spendors if they offered better bass extension and dynamics over the Harbeths.

I know this is all subjective, but the dealers near me have trouble accommodating in-home trials. They're nice guys but very busy. 

helomech
Donvito,

No kidding. Most dealers near me expect customers to buy without a demo, or a demo in poor set-up conditions, with their gear. I've read many posts from people who apparently have dealers that allow in-home trials. I thought stingy dealers were the exception...apparently not.

I think the dealer is working with me for the fact that I'm a repeat customer and have already spent a fair bit of coin with them.  
I've read a lot of unflattering remarks about ATC. I'd also like to avoid speakers with foam surrounds as the climate here can be rough on foam.
ATC have nice mid range and timbre (like Harbeth) but also give you great dynamics and high clean SPL with critically damped bass (tight) for rock.  However the 19 have limited bass extension as most two ways do. The MA Silver 8 are exceptional value and only the more expensive SCM 40 would get you closer to equivalent bass extension.

Harbeth bass is not clean and punchy in the way you desire. Spender will be a sideways move leaving you again lacking.

I would not worry about surround longevity or unflattering remarks. If great mid range is what you are after and clean higher SPL with dynamic punchy bass for rock then ATC are a pretty good fit.
helomech,
I must say you found a real gem of a dealer.Do I understand this correct? He ships new speakers to you,lets you try them out,then takes the returned speakers and has to resell them as used? Can you please share with me who this dealer is?
Thanks!