Wife trouble

Bought Def. Tech. 8040 Towers for living room for my first dive into audio world.  Because I love music, I really enjoy the sound over TV. My wife fell in love with a huge console that spans the length of LR wall and so towers will not work. 8040's are bipolar and need space to breath. What to do?
mca7944
Man, guys in this post are so incredibly audio savvy. I'm not that good (yet). But I love the kiss approach to audio. I don't have a basement or a man cave so all I have to work with is my living room.  My wife mentioned going to the furniture store to go get that #*%! console but that's cool. I can say I had my starter set and might even upgrade by going smaller like joshelston said. Who knows, Might actually put my def tech.'s on Audiogon soon. Probably better anyway, my five month old is a terror on his walker so don't think towers would last too long anyway. It's kinda fun thinking about how you can change/upgrade (when $ allows for it). I guess it's like they say...it's never a destination it's about the journey. 
My wife loves music as much as I do and comes upstairs to appreciate it -- in my dedicated audio room.
"Worst day married is better than my best day as a bachelor...."
WOW!!!!! LOLOLOLOL. I feel for you buddy...
sage advice is:
happy wife, happy life.

so, man cave it is.

yes, i'm divorced. and i doubt i'm getting married again. the stereo takes up the whole damn living room. really, music is life, so i'm just using the living room as intended.