Best interconnect burn-in method

I think I know the answer to this, but I just wanted to double check with everyone.  I am in the process of burning in an XLR interconnect.  The interconnect is between the DAC and the integrated amp.  I am using a laptop as the source, and it is connecting via USB cable to the DAC.  Is it true that I am still burning in the XLR IC if I leave the integrated amp turned off while playing music continuously on my laptop with the DAC turned on?  Thank you for your input.

respected_ent
@shadorne Your statement flies in the face of Audioquest's Dielectric Bias System and an understanding that once installed in a system, cable dielectrics "form" after a period of time with signal flowing through them.  AQ's DBS system sends 72 volts through the cable to keep the dielectric formed at all times after initial break-in.  As the dielectric forms the cables tend to "open up" in terms of sound quality.  It is actually a cool thing to experience if you have never had the occasion to do so.  Lots of unexpected pleasures in this hobby.  That's one of them.