Allman Brothers/Live at Fillmore East

There are some threads already on this recording, but not on my specific question. Should I buy the MoFi 200 gram 2lp recording for $49.98 or the 180 gram 4lp recording for $74.98?
Thank you in advance.

rockyboy
Just getting to spin my pink label AT/GP copy today and must say I agree with slaw it is heavy on the right side. But sounds much better than my 180 copy. The low end is unreal I just added a subwoofer to my system and this album really brings it to life. Also the crispness of Duane's guitar solo's is so clear and clean. Just another example of the original being superior to the remastered version.
Rockyboy,

Where are you? Are you going to be another who requests info, receives info, never responds?

lenmc2964,

I've been at a loss. The "heavy right side" presentation has been perplexing, to say the least.

I have some thoughts ?

Sorry. my focus is now on my 99 yr old mother. Will have to put audio on hold for a while. 

rockyboy,

I am sympathetic to your situation as I've been my mother's caretaker for years after my Dad died from cancer, whom I was caretaker for as well.
Good luck.

lenmc2964,

Regarding the heavy right channel focus on "Fillmore East"...

I'm becoming more convinced that these types of issues may be due to how records are cut and or pressed.

My Townshend Rock 7 has its' arm pillar as an extension of its' metal plinth. This plinth sits on (3) spring suspension. It has a counterweight that is bolted to this plinth as a way to balance/level the entire set-up. My arm has no azimuth adjustment.

I'd say 85% of the lps I play, I hear rock solid, dead center imaging. The others.... I have several sizes of small blue tack balls that I place on the counterweight in various places to (even) out lps that are heavy on the left or on the right. This would seem to suggest an anti-skating issue. Why? Just maybe, the cutting of the stamper or the pressing operation was not precise?

I just listened to the first two tracks on The Band "S/T" on MFSL and my original pressing. I had everything set up for dead center imaging with the MFSL. I put on the other and the focus was heavy on the right channel.

What's weird is, my Classic "Fillmore East" and the original are both, right channel heavy.

What do you think?