Tidal and MQA

I am a computer novice who could use some help. I have been streaming Tidal via their desktop app to get the MQA Masters music. It sounds really good and according to cnet the Tidal software only does 1 unfold of the 3 needed to get the full MQA effect. I stream to a Cary 200t dac via usb. The incoming and outgoing signal never changes from 44.1. The music to my ears sounds much better but I expected to see 24/96 at the least. Any thoughts??

128x128jr96aolcom
I think some of the recordings themselves are very good, some terrible. I have listened to Tidal re-masters but without the MQA and they do sound very good.

I think you should judge value by your ears, not by the number of mathematical operations done to it before you hear it. :)

Best,

E
+1 erik.
OP, remember that not all recordings are mastered properly, so even if they get an MQA badge, they will still sound less than they should.
B

The MQA decoding situation is still pretty confusing.  I have read a little about it and I'm not sure what level of decoding you get through different software and hardware combinations.  If your DAC is telling you 44.1, I'd say that's what you're listening to. 

MQA says that there is some benefit realized when files are remastered (or whatever the correct term is) for MQA, so maybe that is the improvement you are hearing.