Help choosing Marantz integrated amp upgrade

Hello,

I am considering upgrading to a Marantz integrated amplifier. Curious if folks here could help guide me with this decision, or if it's even worth upgrading at this time.

My current entry level system consists of a Rotel RA-12 integrated amp (has a built in DAC and phono stage), Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, DTS Play-Fi streamer, and stand mounted Polk RTiA1s.

I hope to upgrade the speakers later this year. Will be looking at monitors from Totem Acoustic, Wharfedale and Kef at that time.

At present I am thinking of replacing the Rotel with a Marantz. These are the three options I have narrowed down ...

Option 1: PM8005 + an external DAC.
https://www.musicdirect.com/integrated-amp/marantz-pm8005-integrated-amp
I like that this has a pre-out. Sometimes I turn on a sub when playing certain genres or albums. Would be considering a Schiit or iFi DAC to connect to the Play-Fi streamer.

Option 2: HD-AMP1 + an external phono pre.
https://www.musicdirect.com/integrated-amp/marantz-hd-amp1-integrated-amp-dac
I really like the aesthetics and small footprint of this one. Plus has a sub out feature. I'd love any phono pre-amp recommendations. Would be looking to spend around $300 for one.

Option 3: PM7005
https://www.musicdirect.com/integrated-amp/marantz-pm7005-integrated-amp
Built in Dac and Phono makes this a simple solution, but no pre or sub out.

I have no plans to upgrade my TT any time soon. I have added the acrylic platter, Ortofon 2M Blue, and Speed box which have all been noticeable upgrades. I'll probably hold onto this TT for sometime.

Curious if anyone has input, suggestions, or, considering those three upgrade paths, if I should abandon this track.

Here is an image of my current system to give you an idea of the space. This system is only a couple years old and I am still learning a lot.

Thanks!
Matthew
128x128stereosanctity
I’m thinking you should buy a pair for yourself, as well. Get your system sounding right and you won’t be so miserable.
I’m very happy with my Dynaudios, thank you. And unlike some posters, I am not so presumptuous as to recommend them to the OP or anyone else. Or any other brand for that matter. Do to so, is just being a shill without taking into account the OP's best interests and needs.

Hey folks,

Thanks again for all of your replies and advice. I am definitely looking for bookshelf monitor speakers to be stand mounted. I have a toddler that moseys around and the more I can keep off the floor the better. Which is also part of the reason why I was thinking of upgrading electronics first since it’s harder for him to get to those compared to speakers. What I’ve learned, and makes total sense, is to look at new speakers first, which I am going to do now.

That said, I really love these Polk RTi’s. And even though I know they are the weaker link in my system, I still plan to keep them for a secondary one. I am gravitating towards Kef and Totem because I have already demoed those at local dealers, and I enjoy their aesthetics. I have never heard Wharfedale, but I see them recommended so much, and thought maybe I’d look into them.  But I do welcome any suggestions for loudspeakers ins the $600-$1100 range.  But that would probably be better suited for the speaker forum, rather than amps.

Thanks again. And I have enjoyed reading all of your input and recommendations. Still so much to learn!!!

Cheers!
Matthew

Thanks again for all of your replies and advice. I am definitely looking for bookshelf monitor speakers to be stand mounted. I have a toddler that moseys around and the more I can keep off the floor the better.
If your thinking of bookshelf speakers on stands, they usually take up the same amount of space as a small floorstander - they have the same footprint.   Besides the benefit of deeper bass response due to a larger enclosure, a floorstander might also be more stable with a toddler around.  Just something to keep in mind when you start looking for speakers.  Your budget gives you a lot of choices. 

Best of luck to you.
Post removed 
"I’m very happy with my Dynaudios, thank you. And unlike some posters, I am not so presumptuous as to recommend them to the OP or anyone else. Or any other brand for that matter. Do to so, is just being a shill without taking into account the OP's best interests and needs."

Either way, you'll get over it, or not. But I can see why you're so upset. Dynaudio. I have to agree with you in that if they were my speakers, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone either.

In case you're keeping track, I recommended another pair of Vandersteen 1's in a thread this morning. No doubt I'll recommend at least another pair before the days over.