Any pluses or minuses to the older McIntosh mc275 compared to the newer mc275's IV, V, VI?

I've got Klipsch La Scala speakers & want to get a McIntosh mc275 amp. There are a couple of mc275 IV's on craigslist right now. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to the older ones over the newer ones? Yes, new is new, but then I'm thinking maybe they just don't build 'em like they used to? And I might upgrade to Klipschicorn's in the future... Thank You!    Bill
128x12832blownhemi
The MC275 is a great match for La Scalas or Klipschorns!  Series IV, V and VI are all identical internally.  IV and earlier have smaller spade-only speaker terminals while the V and VI have larger bullet/spade combo terminals.  IV, V and VI all have balanced and unbalanced inputs, but only the IV has adjustable unbalanced input gain.

Good luck & happy listening!

I heard that all MC275 amps have no balanced circuitry (are single ended internally). As to upgrading to K-horns, I believe the La Scalla’s drivers are identical to K-horns but their cabinets are about 12 inches smaller in all dimensions (give or take). FYI: I’m a happy La Scalla owner! I use a BAT VK-300se integrated (which continues to amaze after 12 years).
Isn't the 275 a bit of overkill?  I've had Cornwalls and Hereseys and 7 watts will blow the windows out.  One plus of Mac amps is the softer "tubey" sound since horns can get fatiguing...
Thank You effischer, dweller & elevich!  Effischer, so I guess the IV's are the best because of the unbalanced input gain? I'm new to high end stuff so that's way over my head but I'll Google it. Can the IV's be upgraded to having the bullet/spade combo terminals? Dweller, I would only go to the Klipschicorns if I'm not happy with the La Scala's. The only Klipsch speakers I've ever heard were the Klipschicorns 20+ years ago & I never forgotten them! From what I've read I'm sure I'll be happy with the La Scala's! I just got the La Scala's recently (I don't have corners for them) & I'm gathering up the components to hook them up. I hooked the La Scala's up to my old stuff & just like I read. If your components aren't good the speakers will sound bad! I googled the CD player I have & it's going for $15 used on ebay  LOL... I've got a Oppo Sonica DAC that should be here Wednesday & need amp & preamp. Elevick, I was going to go with the McIntosh 2125 but I mostly listen to rock & was told the extra watts would be better. To have watts in reserve? I'm new so a lot of what I read goes WAY over my head! And that the mc275 was perfect for the Scala's... Thanks again! A million dollars worth of info here!     Bill