I'm considering replacing my passive preamp with a tubes. Is it worth it?

I would like to know if it would be worth it to trade my passive preamp for tube.  Would the change make a significant improvement?  

My setup:

Magnepan MG .7
Mod Squad Line Drive passive preamp
Bryston 4b-st amp
Rythmik f12 sub
Bluesound Node
Tidal streaming

My budget on a preamp would be $1k.  If the answer is "yes" then opinions would be welcomed.

thanks

amritash
A used  Rogue Metis preamp should be in your price range. For the price a nice tube pre with easy tube rolling. Have been using one for a year now and I'm very pleased with it.
amritash,
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Enjoy it.

Out of curiosity - what was your passive preamp?
Alternatively you could have purchased a Bluetooth DAC which has a healthy 2V out and kept your passive, if you like it's sound. You still should get a Bluetooth DAC, rather than connecting the iphone directly to the preamp.

Hey

So Ive received an have listened to the Audible Illusions modulus 2d.I am in love. I put inReflector 6H23p-EB / 6922There is absolutely no comparison between the Mod Squad Line Drive passive. The AI sound is just so beautiful. I think that I’ve finally heard the audiophile sound. I could listen to this and do for hours on end.
Now that I have been bitten I’m curious what I can do with an upgrade on it. The small thing that I would like hear is an improvement is the highs being a little more distinct. Imaging on the AI is great but I know there is better. Im considering some but I’ll post the question in a separate thread.

thanks
Adam
http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/6922-E88CC-Tube-Types/Telefunken-E88CC-6922
Post removed