Looking for a used AUDIOPHILE AV Receiver

I am in the market to purchase a used audiophile AV Receiver. Price range maximum $800 for a used unit, the less the better.

The most important factor is the audiophile sound quality, sheer musicality that the unit provides, not the features. It should also have HDMI 1.4 at least and also Speaker A/B switch would be a good option as I have 2 different pair of speakers in the front, one for HT (Definitive Technologie BP 7006) and the other for music Magnepan MMG.    

I know some brands like: NAD, ARCAM, ANTHEM, MARANTZ making good audiophile AV Receivers.

What would be the best option for a used unit?

Thanks for any advice.

thxbest
I would highly recommend Anthem. I have the AVM 60 and it's a fantastic pre/pro and sounds great. I have a very good 2 channel/multimedia setup and am continually impressed by the sound of the Anthem. Since my DAC will function as a pre, I compare the sound from my PS Audio Directstream hooked directly into my Mcintosh power amp to running it through the Anthem. I honestly prefer the Anthem, mainly due to the sub integration and ARC DSP, which is fantastic. You will have a hard time getting your hands on an AVM 60, I think, but the AVM 50 is out there and is a great unit. I'd warn against Onkyo because of sound quality and reliability issues. Yamaha Aventage is pretty good, but the YPAO is not on par with the Anthem's ARC. Yamaha has a nice overall sound, though. Marantz makes nice AVR's and you would probably be happy with one of the more recent models. Good luck! 
Hard to beat any of the latest Yamaha RX-30XX models. They really do sound rather superb and when hooked up to a good pair of speakers, sound fairly amazing. My current setup is a RX-A3060 and it drives Aerial 5Bs and CC3B just fine to levels much louder I care to listen to. Prior to that I had the RX-A3040 and found it to be a fine, reliable product.

As to switching between a pair of speakers, I use an external switch (MapleTree Audio from Canada), but in reverse. I use it to switch between receiver and Cary Audio SLI-80, but for most background/daytime listening, I use the receiver and quite frankly I am very happy with it. Hard to beat Yamaha reliability and overall warmer but detailed sound.
I’d look for a leftover/refurb/used Yamaha 1050 and match it up with an Emotiva 2 channel amp (UPA-2, A300) and you could get close to your budget. Get some Belden 8402 cables to help stay around your budget. I just did something similar only I had a higher budget and went Yamaha 1060/used Parasound A23 Halo. I’m more concerned about music but want some HT abilities there for family movie time.