Looking for a used AUDIOPHILE AV Receiver

I am in the market to purchase a used audiophile AV Receiver. Price range maximum $800 for a used unit, the less the better.

The most important factor is the audiophile sound quality, sheer musicality that the unit provides, not the features. It should also have HDMI 1.4 at least and also Speaker A/B switch would be a good option as I have 2 different pair of speakers in the front, one for HT (Definitive Technologie BP 7006) and the other for music Magnepan MMG.    

I know some brands like: NAD, ARCAM, ANTHEM, MARANTZ making good audiophile AV Receivers.

What would be the best option for a used unit?

Thanks for any advice.

thxbest
as per akg, the arcam sounds vg, and you can find "em within your budget, but there is alot of anecdotal scut about their reliability; likewise nad which sound fine when they actually work. i'd opt for anthem, which is significantly better made than its asian peers.
another brand to look out for is rotel.
the rsx-1550 is particularly good sound, no reliability problems.
the only drawback is that it was built for sound and has no luxuries like auto-setup etc.
I would highly recommend Anthem. I have the AVM 60 and it's a fantastic pre/pro and sounds great. I have a very good 2 channel/multimedia setup and am continually impressed by the sound of the Anthem. Since my DAC will function as a pre, I compare the sound from my PS Audio Directstream hooked directly into my Mcintosh power amp to running it through the Anthem. I honestly prefer the Anthem, mainly due to the sub integration and ARC DSP, which is fantastic. You will have a hard time getting your hands on an AVM 60, I think, but the AVM 50 is out there and is a great unit. I'd warn against Onkyo because of sound quality and reliability issues. Yamaha Aventage is pretty good, but the YPAO is not on par with the Anthem's ARC. Yamaha has a nice overall sound, though. Marantz makes nice AVR's and you would probably be happy with one of the more recent models. Good luck!