Accuphase DP75V: does it still hold its own ?

Hi, I have the chance of buying a (obviously preowned) Accuphase DP75V.
I now own a Naim CDX2 + XP5PS, which I really like; the reason why I'm thinking about this change is that I bought an Accu E360 int. amp and I'd like to have a 'mono-brand' set up; moreover, I'm downsizing the stereo (I came from pre+power amp separates, and wolud like to have the CDP in one single chassis as well), but my hope it's much more a physical downsizing than related than sound quality.

So, the questions are:
- would an Accu 75V better (or, at least, not be worse than) my CDX2 + XP5XS ?
- in general, does a 75V (15or so years old, I think) still hold its own, or should I go for a more recent CDP, maybe a recent Accu like DP500 ? (DP510 and higher ones in the line are out of my budget, even used: Accus are highly overpriced here in Italy, compared to Japan retail price).

SACD is not relevant (I guess I own 10 SACD's or so, over 1500 digital titles), DAC is only secondarily relevant (I'm not going "liquid" at the moment).

all comments are welcome, though in particular those about 75V vs CDX2 or 75V vs. recent Accu CDP's.

thanks, ciao
daniele
daniele_g

I don't understand why your so keen to get out of the  CDX2 + XP5XS

DP85 Vintage 2002
AD1853 "Delta Sigma"
Laser  KHM230AAA cheap build quality compared to all the others.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Used-Good-Original-Sony-KHM-230AAA-Laser-Head-E-RP-/181901895771?hash=item2a5a32a85b:g:iosAAOSwmUdUYc6g

Cheers George
well, I'm not so keen about it; it's just a will of:
- put two chassis into 1;
- investigate the mono-brand synergy, if any;
- curiosity :-)

...oh, and yes: aesthetics: if I don't go for an Accu CDP, I may go for a Naim Supernait to have more visual harmony in my living room :-D
though I know that if I take a SN, I will be very soon desiring a HiCap, so I'll put the single chassis of my Accu int into 2 (or more) Naim... just the opposite direction I'm trying to go to

Daniele,

If you like single chassis and aesthetics are important I suggest to look at  Marantz SA-1 or SA7S1. Accuphase is dull and boring in comparison. I`ve had a lots of different Accuphase plus many other expensive players. Marantz top reference players are pretty nice step above sonically.
Just my 2¢
thanks, Plutos.
I must confess I've heard several models by Marantz (but never top of the line) and they were not my cup of tea.
to be honest, I don't even like their look that much, but that's just a question of personal tastes, obviously.

thanks for the suggestion. :-)