Harmonic Resolution Systems (HRS) Platforms

Folks,

I am having trouble justifying another $7,000 for the lowest priced HRS frame, to accommodate my expensive M3x Harmonic Resolution Systems platforms.......around $2,500 each. 

While I understand that the frame and the platforms work as a "system," I currently place the M3x platforms and nimbus couplers, on a low-cost salamander rack......with decent results.

Has anyone had good results using HRS platforms on a high quality solid wood rack......walnut for example?

This would save me about $4,000 if it works.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Labpro

128x128labpro
Labpro,

I have no doubts that HRS frame would be a worthy addition to your M3X platforms. Both frame and M3X are probably designed to work in tandem for ultimate performance.

Few years back when I was searching for components racks, I stumbled upon Core Audio Designs. One look at their design and exquisite finish prompted me to dig deeper. BTW, I currently own three PlyKraft’s and a pair of isolation platforms for my monoblocks.

To answer your question, not all Ply is created equal. The "plyKraft" shelf is composed of 32 layers of Baltic Birch hardwood. I believe the binding ingredient is Phenolic resin. Since I have owned both hardwood (Salamander) and PlyKraft racks, there is simply no comparison between the two. Apple Ply is amazingly stable, incredibly durable and extremely dense/hard.

To prevent ringing, the inner core is lined with butyl resin, aluminum, and high density closed cell foam. Liberal use of clay and lead are used for mass loading and the latter for its shielding properties. The uprights (legs) are solid 8/4 hardwood stock and stainless steel footers.

I am extremely happy with the results, never felt the need to further isolate my components as they sound and look amazing on PlyKraft’s.

And above all, stellar one on one customer service from Mr. Marr.

As ’chayro’ elegantly quoted, if you seek the ’icing’ for your rig, then you should find a way to audition PlyKraft before you shell out $7K for HRS, IMO :-)

Good luck!
I think you can build your own rack to perform at least as well as anything some "dude with no engineering knowledge" will sell you.

Sharp points on the feet might come in handy.

Hi Lalitk,

Thank you for the excellent feedback. I assumed that Core was similar to Box Furniture.....I did not realize that Core was an isolation solution.

If I like the Core rack, and can sell the M3x HRS platforms, I'll save some cash overall. As you know, that doesn't happen to often in the hobby.

I'll try to find a local dealer and further explore.

Labpro

Hi Labpro,

I am also dealing with the never ending isolation question, and to your direct inquiry, have been using HRS platforms sucessfully on a Music Tools Alica stand (somewhat similar to the Burmester stand; looks like some kind of MDF composite, but the technology description is somewhat vague).  This was an improvement over a Salamander Synergy rack with the HRS paltforms I was using as a band aid measure while I was waiting to move into my new house.  

In general, I have found that that the HRS platforms work well on any fairly rigid stands, including solid maple (never tried walnut); the one experiment that did not work well was putting them on a Finite Elements Pagode Master Reference rack - much better without the HRS on it (possibly the experience was similar to your use of "resonating" racks). With that said, they have certain "flavor" that is distinct from competing isolation components, such as Grand Prix Audio and Finite Elemente.

As to some comments on the Core Audio Designs racks, I am a huge fan of Arnold (a true gentleman) and his products, and currectly use his diffusors in my system.  With that said, I am not sure that replacing your HRS components with the Core Audio Designs racks will get you what you are looking for - however, they may work together synergistically.  I suggest you give them a call to see what they have to say.

Best of luck,

Ray

Hi Labro,

One other comment - if you play a lot of vinyl, instead of putting $7k into the HRS rack, please take a look at using one of the active vibration isolation tables out there (such as Accurion, Herzan, etc) under your table - it will be a much better use of your funds.