Harmonic Resolution Systems (HRS) Platforms

Folks,

I am having trouble justifying another $7,000 for the lowest priced HRS frame, to accommodate my expensive M3x Harmonic Resolution Systems platforms.......around $2,500 each. 

While I understand that the frame and the platforms work as a "system," I currently place the M3x platforms and nimbus couplers, on a low-cost salamander rack......with decent results.

Has anyone had good results using HRS platforms on a high quality solid wood rack......walnut for example?

This would save me about $4,000 if it works.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Labpro

128x128labpro
IMO, absolutely no way to know whether you will prefer the sound. without a demo.  Any dealer selling racks at those prices should be able to demo the difference between a component with and without the benefit of the rack.  IMO, if I could not hear a profound difference in the demo, I would stay with what I have. 

Hi Chayro,

I agree 100%.

But with all the variables involved, I'm going to have to give it my best guess and hope that I'm right.

I won't know for sure until I get it into my listening room.

Meanwhile the dealer I'm working with is very good, so I'm sure we will get it right.

Labpro

My dealer sold those racks, but I never specifically demo'd them.  But if the cost of your system justifies the investment, 7k is not much compared to a component upgrade.  As Chris Koster, formerly with Naim told me - the Fraim (rack) is the icing on the cake, but first you need the cake.  I have to agree.  But I have really heard great things about the HRS stuff, so hopefully you'll be happy with your purchase.  
You are already $7G's into the HRS philosophy, therefore, it's too late to turn back.  Drop the extra $$$$ and sleep better at night, otherwise you will toss and turn at night wondering....."what if"  
Labpro,

I have no doubts that HRS frame would be a worthy addition to your M3X platforms. Both frame and M3X are probably designed to work in tandem for ultimate performance.

Few years back when I was searching for components racks, I stumbled upon Core Audio Designs. One look at their design and exquisite finish prompted me to dig deeper. BTW, I currently own three PlyKraft’s and a pair of isolation platforms for my monoblocks.

To answer your question, not all Ply is created equal. The "plyKraft" shelf is composed of 32 layers of Baltic Birch hardwood. I believe the binding ingredient is Phenolic resin. Since I have owned both hardwood (Salamander) and PlyKraft racks, there is simply no comparison between the two. Apple Ply is amazingly stable, incredibly durable and extremely dense/hard.

To prevent ringing, the inner core is lined with butyl resin, aluminum, and high density closed cell foam. Liberal use of clay and lead are used for mass loading and the latter for its shielding properties. The uprights (legs) are solid 8/4 hardwood stock and stainless steel footers.

I am extremely happy with the results, never felt the need to further isolate my components as they sound and look amazing on PlyKraft’s.

And above all, stellar one on one customer service from Mr. Marr.

As ’chayro’ elegantly quoted, if you seek the ’icing’ for your rig, then you should find a way to audition PlyKraft before you shell out $7K for HRS, IMO :-)

Good luck!