Dac options with Chromecast Audio SUB $500

I am enjoying the 30 day trial of Tidal HiFi...currently the only DAC I have is the Chromecast. It does a decent job, holds its own but it has its limits.

I currently do heavy listening to vinyl only. VPI Scout 1.1. 

Looking to use the Chromecast as the streamer with Tidal and then into a DAC. I am looking at a few sub $500 dacs. 

Looking into the:
Parasound Zdac. 1st or 2nd version seems fine.
Musical Fidelity V90 Dac (sterophile recommended class A)
Schitt Bifrost
Jolida FX Glass

Anyone with any of these units or perhaps have compared them to each other?

System: modded Jolida 502a, Cardas cables, Merlin TSM-MMM Speakers

db
photodusty
photodusty,

What Chromecast device will you be using? What types of digital connections does it have available for connectivity to a DAC? How does this work? Do you stream from, or control from, a smartphone/tablet/laptop?
reubent, 

The Google Chromcast is the device. Not sure if there is more than one model. Its a recent purchase so if there is a new version perhaps I have it??

It has Toslink/mini out. I would use it for streaming Tidal from my iPad/iPhone or laptop. 

Thanks,

db
Sounds like the Chromecast Audio. So, you need a DAC with an optical input, right? That does rule out some of the USB only DACs. The Bitfrost is probably a good choice. Great company and popular product that could be re-sold if you don't love it.

Enjoy......
You are correct, Chromecast Audio and yes I would need an optical input.

I see the Schiit Bitfrost gets good reviews. Anyone use anyone use any of the above mentioned products?

Thanks reubent!

db