Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Mac,
" I had the Tekon Enzo's without the new patent and thought they sounded great. I really can't discern any difference that the patent might add..."

Not sure what you're saying here. You couldn't hear the difference between the Enzo and the DI? I'm sure that's not what you meant; but what is? Do I smell an opportunity to save $1400?
Teajay,

It sounds to me that the Linear Tube Audio products with my Double Impacts will be a very formidable combination. Your reviews of the micro ZOTL and ZOTL 40 went a long way towards me making my decision to go with them. I thank you for that. And you're right, together with the DI's it might not just be one of the best audio values around but maybe one of the best systems out there. I can't wait to add the Linear Tube Audio amps to my system and I'm sure your upcoming DI review will only have me chomping at the bit even more! 

Mike,

You're a distributor for both Tekton and LTA? Sweet. I just might have to make the trip from the Motor City to the Windy City to check your place out. When you say you'll have the "upgraded" Double Impacts do you mean a PMD version? While I wont ever be spending the $30k plus they will probably go for, it would be interesting to hear them.  I would think for ten times the cost they must have more than just upgraded drivers and cross overs.......maybe a totally new cabinet with substantial bracing? Inquiring minds want to know :)

Jetter,

I'm not a fan of the boastful claims either but I wouldn't let that stop me from getting some amazing speakers and an unbelievable price. Eric has a lot of reason to be boastful, even if I prefer a more modest approach. I would recommend that you ignore the website claims and concentrate on the claims of those who have heard the speakers. While those of us that own the DI's are equally boastful, it's more palatable than one tooting his own horn :) 
2channel8,

sorry for the confusion, that's not what I meant at all. While the Enzo's are a great speaker they are not in the same league as the DI's. I only meant I could not detect any discernible sound attributed just to the new patent. It certainly may be there, I just couldn't detect a distinctive sound signature  difference between the pre patent Enzo's and the post patent DI. Having said that the DI's do you everything better than the Enzo's from a deeper, tighter bass to their naturally organic liquid mids to their airier highs. There is more micro and macro detail, a larger sound stage and more precise imaging. The DI's disappear behind a seemless wall of sound and that's easy to become lost within. While I loved the Enzo's, the DI's take things to a whole new level and are well worth the extra $1400. Hope that clears things up.
The claims on the website adhere to the P.T. Barnum school of thought - There's a sucker born every minute.

Jetter,

I would ignore the over the top hype marketing talk and just judge the DI purely on its sonic merits. Based on a very creditable reviewer and actual owner feedback , this is far more important. It's difficult to find a really good natural sounding speaker at any price. For 3K dollars it seems this is a very special speaker. It could potentially serve you well for many happy years , long after you've forgotten the over hyped commentary. Think value and long term satisfaction. Let your ears and brain decide.

Charles