Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
I've had the Double Impacts for several months now, and can verify what's already been said about them. Excellent speakers at this price-point, with superb bass control and detail, stunning almost eerie midrange. Live recordings and vocals particularly come alive on them. With a decent amp and excellent source--like an Yggdrasil dac--they will play pretty much anything well. Piano enthusiasts should take note of these speakers as they sound phenomenal with classical piano recordings. Burn-in period on my speakers was about 30 hours, after that they opened-up very nicely. Best bang-for-the-buck in audio that I have come across.
Teajay, your impressions of the DI's are spot on with mine. I still had my Legacy Audio Focus SE's when I recieved my DI's and spent 3 weeks with both until deciding to sell the Legacys. Many couldnt believe I preferred the DI's over such a good speaker, but I did and do. Next I'll be adding the Linear Tube Audio MZ2-S pre amp and ZOTL 40 amp and I thank you for your great review of both. While I love my Decware Torii mkIV it limits me to SPL readings of lower to mid 70db before sounding strained and harsh. Sometimes I like to listen a bit louder and I'll also like the extra headroom the ZOTL 40 will bring......along with its beautiful live musical sound. Can't wait to read your review of the DI's with the LTA gear and finally hear a professional extol the virtues of the DI's as I've been doing since getting mine last September. 

Charles, once my LTA gear is in place and burned in I'll give you a shout to come and listen. My system sounds quite good now but the LTA gear should take it to the next level......maybe close enough to the 300B SET sound to make me happy for life! 

I agree totally with Jeff's assessment. Break in is quite quick with subtle improvements occurring up to about 100 hours. I was using the Yggy DAC to great effect until getting the PS Audio Perfectwave transport and DAC. Tekton and Schiit are two of the best audio values out there.

LASTLY, as good as the DI's are has anyone seen Tektons new line of PMD speakers? Three Professional Monitor Designs priced at $10k, $20k and $40k a pair. Tekton is venturing into stratified air with these. Can they really sound that much better to justify the increased price? If so they will be unbelievable!
Teajay,
did you listen to any rock / metal on the Double Impact? Did they do well with less than perfect recordings? My listening tastes are varied but rock / metal is a big staple. 
mac4825, you can see further above that I am considering the Double Impacts.  I have to say that I had not seen the PMDs on their website until you pointed it out.  The advertising braggadocio really has turned me off. 
Hey Mofojo,

My own taste in music revolves around jazz from the late forties until the early seventies (Blue Note, Impluse, Prestige, West coast labels).  However, for reviewing proposes I used many hard funk, and rock records to evaluate the DI's performance regarding dynamics/punch and they handled with ease anything I throw at them.   The DI did not make rotten recorded music sound great, however it still drew out the best of what could be done with these recordings.

For mac48025

I believe that Linear Tube Audio is also one of the greatest bargains in high-end audio along with the DI speakers.  David Berning is another genius and how Mark has brought his design to the market for regular folks who could not afford Berning's much more expensive line is a blessing for music lovers (Just like Eric's DI speakers) .  Believe me, based on a lot of listening experience the ZOTL pair is as good as anything out there.  Think of the color/timbres of a 300B amplifier with the balls, speed, and kick of a 845 tube!  And for tube gear its dead quite.