Ethical Help from the AudiogoN Community

I am the seller of "Bowers & Wilkins PM-1s with Stands" (Listing ID:lis7j46i). Please look at the listing, read what I said, look at the photos and then look at the discussion in the Q & A section.

I wish to note that I really love AudiogoN for buying and selling and the community and camaraderie of the forums. I have had a quite a few transactions as both buyer and seller. All have concluded satisfactorily as you can see from my feedback. Members of the forums have helped me solve problems for which I am extremely grateful.

My listing was meant to be open and transparent. As far as price, I'm at a loss, so I'd be delighted to see offers if there are any.

I feel like john1, who hasn't had a transaction since 2011, has attacked me publicly in a libelous manner and just for sport. I feel that if he was offering his thoughts in a constructive manner, he would have done so privately instead of tainting my ad.

I also believe, maybe naively, particularly in light of the current political turmoil, that free speech is a right, so I haven't used the Delete button to remove john1's posts.

I am at loss as to how to proceed and I am asking the AudiogoN community which I have great respect for to give me thoughts as to how I should go forward.

Thanking you all in advance,

Alan
adeep42
Post removed 
Honestly, I see nothing wrong with this listing. I see no bad will or intentions.  I'm not sure what these speakers are worth but if the damage is already priced into the cost, its fine. I will say his though, if you want to attract more potential buyers, fixing it and relisting it maybe in your best interest (most buyers don't want to fix stuff on their own especially after spending good coin).  If the price is already discounted and someone is willing to replace the $67 dollar part, great. 
IMHO there is absolutely NOTHING wrong or misleading with your ad. You've made it perfectly clear that there's a issue with one speaker. 
If anyone doesn't like the price your asking, that's fine......move on and find something else. 
Its not your job to price replacement parts, it's the buyers responsibility to do his or her own due diligence. 
it's also interesting that many comparably priced speakers use much more expensive tweeters that can only be installed by the dealer...
I assumed the replacement of the tweeter would have involved the replacement of the carbon surround which would've involved monstrous money to replace  & install. I have seen many ads that claim to "have no idea" what the cost would be to replace critical parts because they do not wish to share information of the massive costs involved, yet still wish to sell the item at near unblemished pricing. This is at a minimum deliberately duplicitous & unethical & always lowers the tone of AG. Making it the buyers problem to find out is never a great way to engender trust or a sign of obvious integrity, as most seem to understand here. There was I thought, a clear attempt to convey that to all sellers.  To whatever degree it is a worthwhile sentiment, it was a worthwhile message. All well that ends well however & honour & integrity are satisfied.