The awful truth about CDs, do they have the same shelve life as LP's ?

The answer is properly not. Recent studies have shown that the chemicals used in their manufacture of CDs have reduced their life expectancy to ten years, not all but many, as per Paul Mcgowans email. The suggestion was given that if you have suspect CD's they should be re-copied. But my question is how do you identify these? I can tell you that I have a great deal of LPs and I can play anyone of these with great success and some are 40 years old. This no doubt would give some audiophiles another good reason to hold onto their belief that LPs are the way to go.
phd
Post removed 
randy11, this is the first time you offered an intelligent answer, congradulations on that. Basically you are calling Paul Mcgowan dumb because this is his statement.
Basically you are calling Paul Mcgowan dumb because this is his statement.
I’d maybe say yes without reading it, I have hundreds of original early 80’s releases not one has decayed, all as prefect now as they were then.

This is sounds like just another vinyl junkies scare tactic, they happen with regular monotony.

Cheers George
Agreed.  Have been hearing this drivel every 5 years or so for the last 25 years.  I must have over 5000 CDs and have never have one go bad. 'Basta' already as the godfather might say.  
Yes, phd, Paul McGowan could use a learning tutorial.

Good catch -gocubs999