The awful truth about CDs, do they have the same shelve life as LP's ?

The answer is properly not. Recent studies have shown that the chemicals used in their manufacture of CDs have reduced their life expectancy to ten years, not all but many, as per Paul Mcgowans email. The suggestion was given that if you have suspect CD's they should be re-copied. But my question is how do you identify these? I can tell you that I have a great deal of LPs and I can play anyone of these with great success and some are 40 years old. This no doubt would give some audiophiles another good reason to hold onto their belief that LPs are the way to go.
phd
tomcy6, I'm not spreading any legend but this was a statement from Paul Mcgowan,and it is quite possible that he knows more than you..
Now wait a minute. CD's were billed as "Perfect Sound Forever" back around 1982. I know they aren't "perfect", especially the old ones from the early '80's. Are you telling me that are also not FOREVER? That would double suck.........

Laughing...
I own thousands of CDs, especially, 1980's editions and none have shown any signs of aging. Perfect sound forever indeed.
"Among the manufacturers that have done testing, there is consensus that, under recommended storage conditions, CD-R, DVD-R, and DVD+R discs should have a life expectancy of 100 to 200 years or more; CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM discs should have a life expectancy of 25 years or more".

Certainly a much greater shelf life than FAKE News. Thorough research is the way to go.