Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
In case anyone is curious, Mr. Alexander's patent that is cited in the DI description can be found here.  Although after reading its 14 pages I'd have to say that it doesn't provide a great deal more information than what is stated at the Tekton website.

Also, for those who may consider how much amplifier power is desirable for use with this speaker, it should be kept in mind that given its 4 ohm nominal impedance the stated sensitivity of 98.82 db/2.83 volts/1 meter is equivalent to 95.82 db/1 watt/1 meter.  That follows from the fact that while 2.83 volts into 8 ohms corresponds to 1 watt, 2.83 volts into 4 ohms corresponds to 2 watts.  That distinction is particularly relevant in the case of tube amps, which in most cases cannot supply more power into 4 ohms than into 8 ohms.

Corelli, best of luck with your purchase.

Regards,
-- Al

Hi Mofogo,

I never liked the Pendragon  model.  I know it was called the "Wilson killer" because it was voiced like that company's house sound.  Kinda in your face, potent bass, and I hated that Focal sourced tweeter.  The Pendragon would be great in home theater systems or for folks who want to play loud, like your at a rock concert.

The Double Impact is a qualitative shift from sounding like an analytical/electrical device to beautiful tonality/timbres, 3D imaging, all the micro-details without the etch found in many very detailed speakers.  I won't go into all the details, but I think you get the message, I found the Pendragon Speakers annoying to listen to, and bought a pair of up-graded Double Impact Speakers.

A final note, the Double Impact are so transparent/neutral you will hear the signature of what ever you drive them with.  The magic I'm getting with them is being produced by a Concert Fidelity hybrid -040 DAC and  Tube Linear Audio's combo of the MicroZOTL preamp and the ZOTL-40 amplifier. Just beautiful sound is reproduced in this system
"Analytical/electrical device" Yep, I know where you're coming from.  Many speakers that seem to aspire to an ultra detailed/uber resolution presentation fail to sound natural and realistic. For a 3000.00 USD  speaker to get it right is quite an accomplishment. Sounds as if this may be Tekton's best effort to date. 
Charles 
Teajay
Appreciate your frank comments on the Pendragon/DI comparison.  I always become a bit uneasy when someone loves every speaker of a given brand ( especially one as diverse as the Tekton line). You're mentioning many of the traits I'm looking for in my next speaker.  Gettin' a bit more excited.  How  significant did you find the break in period to be with this speaker?
I've had the Double Impacts for several months now, and can verify what's already been said about them. Excellent speakers at this price-point, with superb bass control and detail, stunning almost eerie midrange. Live recordings and vocals particularly come alive on them. With a decent amp and excellent source--like an Yggdrasil dac--they will play pretty much anything well. Piano enthusiasts should take note of these speakers as they sound phenomenal with classical piano recordings. Burn-in period on my speakers was about 30 hours, after that they opened-up very nicely. Best bang-for-the-buck in audio that I have come across.