Speakers for electronic/hiphop/rnb [$4000 range]?

Hello everybody,

Let me start off by saying I don’t know much about hifi. I’m trying to educate myself by visiting forums like these and I’m learning some things but most information goes over my head. And most of you listen to classical/rock/jazz so it’s hard to find an opinion that is relevant to me without asking. I currently have a set of Kef ls50’s that I blind bought because of amazing reviews paired with an arcam a19 integrated amplifier and it’s basically the best purchase I’ve ever made. It’s made me appreciate music in a different way and now I would like to upgrade to a new setup in a designated music room with new speakers and new components. The room will be 12x17.

A store near me sells Harbeth speakers but I think I read bass is lacking in these but I may still try to audition them, I’m not really sure what else is well regarded in my price range..
torontoelectro
Todd speaks the truth- except this (no offense Todd):

"floorstanding speakers with integrated powered woofers/subs"

Unless you've got the scratch for Beolab 90's that is...

The guys that design drivers
The guys that design cabinets
The guys that design crossovers
etc.

You want each of them to be the best in their field right?

I would never want an audio component that was jointly designed by the best in their discipline and have to listen to them beat it out every day on my system.

Corporations - you can hear it

Greg

@kenazfilan

Thanks I will look into auditioning the new fortes at my local Klipsch dealer if they have pair just to see if I like the horn sound.

@todd & @greg

I was actually considering auditioning the Golden ear titron 1s which I believe have integrated woofers/subs.. I’ve read people saying good things about them, why exactly don’t you think it’s a good idea to get speakers with build in subs Greg?

Also Greg, I’m not really sure I understand what you were saying about there only being one right volume.. Do you mean they should sound good at any volume?

Oh and how about your thoughts on the Tekton double impacts everybody seems to be talking about? Would that be a good option for me?
Toronto, many recommendations of speakers are personal beliefs, it behooves you to find a speaker that you like, not based on reviews or other members. Luckily, you live in an area where you can trial a number of different brands. Some like Zu and (I think) Tekton offer trial periods for their speakers- so you can see if they are your cuppa.
Also, try to find some local clubs or groups in your area. We hifi nuts love to show off our stuff to like minded people.
Lastly, a good dealer will work with you and help guide you to find what you are looking for, and not try to push you into buying something you aren't happy with or don't want to pay so much for.
My 2 cents...
B
Bob you keep bringing up good points, I definitely need  to get out there and find out what I like for myself. It's just nice to have some guidance from people with years of experience to make my search a little easier.