Help with speakers issues part III

Hello All. This is a continuation of a year long sojourn. I have Magnepan .7's and while I like them my living situation does not allow for ideal placement of them. Primarily, the entertainment center being between the speakers. This tends to "kill" the dipole effect and restrict the sound staging. I added a sub which helped with the bottom end(and impact) and considered adding a second which is becoming more common. I listen to electric blues primarily and classic rock. It has been suggested that traditional "box" speakers may be more applicable here. Any recommendations for box speakers to fit the bill $2k and under?

128x128beernut
I am a vandy fan, but even they cannot create the sound from a maggie

vice versa applies too

the entertainment center will mess up sound staging more on any box or set of boxes than on panels

can you describe your room?
It's a studio apt. I have no choice with the entertainment center in between the speakers. My understanding is that the Maggies image much better without anything in between the speakers. 
That has always been my experience with any speakers I have experienced.  I've never heard speakers image well with a major obstruction between them.

Maggies may not be the best choice for the music you favor.  I like them with chamber, small acoustic music and such.

Yep.  I'm another Vandy fan.  A pair of model One's could be just the ticket, especially if you can minimize the staging interference of the entertainment center

All the best!

How big is your "Entertainment Center"? If it's one of those humongus things from the eighties, it will kill your imaging.