Have ~$10-12k...what would you do?

Currently run:
-Melody SP3 (heavily rolled with Winged C 6l6's, NOS RCA triple plate ax7's, NOS RCA clear top au7a's, and have switched between either JJ 6922 or GE ecc88's)
-Graham Slee Era Gold Mk V
-VPI TNT IV with SDS
-Benz H2 Wood Body cart
-Warfedale Jade 5's (87db, 6ohms)

Listen to: Folk, singer-songwriter, jazz, alt-co, and some rock.  Lately been into early 1900's gospel, 60's/70's funk, New Orleans swing.

Thinking I would like to go with Triode...300b is tempting, but options open obviously. 

Just got a complete bargain on the speakers, so will hold on to these for a short bit and upgrade later.  Thinking ATC, Harbeth, KEF, Wilson amongst others, but that can be a different discussion. 

Looking to change up my Melody.  Had it for nearly 10 years, been a good trooper with multiple moves, etc, but time to step it up a bit.  

I have about $10-12k for components and really would love some input on a couple options. 

I've gone everywhere from just doing a better integrated and maybe saving some money (Primaluna HP, Octave, VAC sigma) to separates to mono's (VAC, C-J, Cary, Manley, Rogue, and a few others).  Don't mind used in the least.

I have the chance to purchase some VAC Ren 30/70 monos for about $6500.  These are very tempting, but I know the VAC pre's are rare to appear and unsure of other pre's to match up well. 

If you had my budget, what would you choose, configure, etc.  I've read great things (some better than others) of each of the aforementioned components, 

Thanks to all. 

128x128phaun16
Just been thinking a bit about your situation. If you want to keep your current speakers, it pretty much rules SETs out because of their low power output. To go with those speakers means to get the best out of them on their own terms. Also, I agree with hiendplay’s sentiment that it’s nice to get something special. So, here’s a combo that will play those speakers like nothing else can, and look good doing it. They’re also uncommon, but since they’re made in north american they’re easy to service should they ever need it:

The preamp: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649315971-blue-circle-bc303dwbblockq-fully-balanced-dual-mono...
(You’ll pay about $1500 less than asking because they’re in Canadian $$$)

And the matching amps:
http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649318813-blue-circle-audio-4-chassis-monoblock-power-amplifier/
I would say that low power 300b SET amplifiers like mine are not a suitable match.  I suspect that the Line Magnetic 508ia with its 805 output tubes providing 48 watts coupled with very stout power supply design and high quality output transformer is a very viable option. These type of rugged amplifiers with high quality watts often outperform their specifications when simply viewing them on paper. No doubt that the Blue Circle amplifier is a worthy option as well. 
Charles 
In my experience and observations, most preamplifiers are pretty bad sounding and many are noisy and/or have poor channel separation or other issues.  I am not singling out any particular preamps.
I can with all confidence tell you that the best preamplifier available today regardless of price or reviews is the Southerland Engineering N1. It has Ron Sutherlands best line stage and his finest phono stage in one elegant package. Complete freedom to select any phono cartridge.
It is completely dual mono. The N1 has no real sound character of it's own but lets you hear everything just the way it is supposed to be.
Mate this with your amplifier of choice and you will rejoice in your choice!
Happy hunting,
Steve

Forget the recommendation for Doge8. I have one with upgraded tubes etc. While it is a bargain for an ok line stage and so-so phono stage, for not much more, you can get a Vincent SA-T8. A massive step-up over the Doge8. Most "musically involving" Pre I've heard up to double it's RRP. You'd have to spend a truckload more to better it. That'll leave you plenty for a nice Phono and Power Amps.