Best component video cable under $150?

What are some good quailty component video cables for under $150 (preferably much less if possible). My DVD changer does not have a HDMI output so I need to go component. The audio will be handled via a DH Labs D-75 digital coax cable directly to my AVR.

Thanks for any input,

Scott
asahitoro
The one place in a system where cables can make a huge difference is video.

To be honest the MIT stuff is extraordinary video cable. They are the masters of this domain.

And I think $175 will get you the best video cable technology on the market.

"I for one find this a tough pill to swallow when we are a group of people who spend more than many do for all their components on cables, how can we discriminate against video cables vs. audio????"

I agree KennyT, if you're not spending $75 on you component cables, it is likely that the cables are truncating your video bandwidth. Silver is a bad idea because it can tarnish very easily and depending on how the wire is terminated could seriously affect how long the cable will maintain optimal performance.

Also make sure the dialectric is bonded to the center conductor so that gaps are prevented and impedance problems are avoided. I could go on but hopefully someone else can jump in and add some of the other prereq's for a good video cable.
I have been enjoying a bunch of Have stuff for years. All but one S video cable have worked flawlessly. I suspect it's more the nature of those delicate connections inherenet in S video rather Have's fault. Cheap and good. The fellows on AVS Forum tout the Blue Jeans cables often.
Do you have BNC native jacks or RCA? I am going to assume RCA on both ends. I see you have a rear projection LCD. Cables may not make a huge difference. Heartlandcables.com tend to be cost effective. Radio Shack Fusion Gold were good when they made them. They do something cheaper now. Bluejeanscable.com, bettercables.com, and cobaltcables.com make decent stuff as well. Monster tends to be expensive relative to value.
"Silver is a bad idea because it can tarnish very easily and depending on how the wire is terminated could seriously affect how long the cable will maintain optimal performance.
"

Cinematic_systems, I've been using silver (not silver coated) audio cables for many years without any apparent long term effect. Are you saying there is something to this for video cables? It raises some concern, as I just finished evaluating long component cables and selected Bettercables Silver Serpent Reference over the Bluejeans Belden 7710A. The serpents produced a slightly more detailed picture, and the color was a bit more saturated (without looking cartoony). Is there any real reason to reconsider simply because these are silver coated copper conductors?
"many A'goner's will argue I am on glue and that their is no difference between video cables"

All you have to do is compare two sets of component cables. The difference in picture quality between my Comcast cables and my Monster cables is day and night. The Comcast cables yield a very bright and colorful picture, almost artifical looking compared to my Monster set.