Cartridge for Rega Planar 3?

MM or high output MC.  Up to $1000. 

What recommendations can anyone make from personal experience?  Needs to be an all around good performer, as it will be used for most all musical genres.  Thanks!
mtrot
Having owned all the Rega MMs over the years (Bias, Elys, Exact), they are all distinctly underwhelming performers.  While Rega makes a hell of a tonearm and turntable, their cartridges are lacking IMO.
I’ve tried several MM carts over the years on my Rega, including one of the Rega offerings and compared to even my stock Denon DL103 MC cartridge, they paled in comparison.

I switched around 5 years ago to a Denon DL103 MC cart and the improvement in performance amazed me. Cost$230

I now have a re tipped DL103 from Soundsmith and the improvements were staggering. Cost $650 for the Optimized Contour Contact Line version.

The Denon is a pretty good match to the Rega Arm, but it does benefit from a little more mass at the head shell, so the model from ZU, with the alloy head shell, is also a top performer.

Soundsmith also has wood head shells that they install the "nuded" Denon into. They also have their own line of "Fixed Coil" cartridges which are very good high output carts and start at a reasonable $480

So as you can see, you can start with some very good and affordable MC carts that are well suited to the rega arm for much less than $1000 and then move up to some top performers.

Granted, you may need to change your phono stage if it is not MC compatible, but they are getting better as time goes by also - e.g. the Schiit Mani starts at $130 and is pretty good from what I have read

Don’t get me wrong, there are some exceptional MM carts out there in your sack bracket - I just thought knowing some of the other options/costs might also prove to be of use.

Regards...

Thanks all for the recommendations!  I'll be connecting to a receiver.  Hence my request for MM or high output MC cartridges. 
Goldring Eroica high-output MC.  Good sound, under a grand, works well in the Rega arm and I don't believe you will have to shim.  I think.