Thorens TD 150 super rebuild

So, this is my second 150 that I have taken on as a tweaked out build. The last one was really nice, however, as often as I do, I passed it along to an new owner who is using it today.

For this one I wanted to one up it. So I went with an Origin Live advanced motor and extended plinth. I have also used carbon fiber as a top plate and arm board, as well as, it other critical areas. I've really come to like the use of carbon fiber and have used it in my last 4 turntables with excellent results. I've also damped the chassis of the 150 using dynamat, which works great, too. 

I will be using a Grace G940 arm, with a custom cable I made and a carbon fiber head shell. I have a NOS Adcom cartridge that will be spinning on it but I imagine theat I will buy a Denon 103 and run it nude with a carbon fiber top plate. I made a few of these and all I can say is that it is my favorite way to spin the 103.

Anyway, I should have it all together by the weekend and have it up and running. It is like the day before Christmas.

raymonda
Hey Ray, have any of the carbon fiber left over? Any interest in cutting a tonearm mounting board out of it and make a little $?
What table and tonearm do you need the board for?

I use 3mm pure carbon fiber. Carbon fiber is really easy to cut and can be bought using US vendors on ebay. You could use thicker than 3mm but I find 3mm is great for this purpose. 
A Townshend Rock Elite with a Zeta arm, Ray, which uses the Linn mounting distance. The table came with a pretty thin, stamped steel mounting plate, so I cut an armboard from a slab of 1/4" acrylic. Carbon Fiber would be even better, I imagine.