I'll Take "Songs About People" for $200

Truth be told there really was no Maybellene, but Chuck made her sound like a real person when she started doing the things she used to do.  And there was also no Layla, but there clearly was Patty Harrison with the name changed to protect the innocent.  Was there a ba ba ba ba Barbara Ann or even a Caroline to say no to?  I don't know, but I do know that there was a real Prudence of Beatles fame.  And there really was an Elizabeth Reed.  So my question is, what are other songs that feature the name of a person in its lyrics are actually about real people?
128x128onhwy61
If you are an outlaw or a killer, you are more likely to be immortalized in song.  Google songs about Billy the Kid, Jesse James, Bonnie and Clyde and the like and you will see.  If you do something really horrific, a nursery rhyme will be written about you: "Lizzy Borden took and axe, gave her mother 40 whacks..."
A few more:

"Creeque Alley" -- The Mamas & The Papas (about themselves and others)

"Vincent" -- Don McLean (about Van Gogh)

"Bo Diddley" -- Bo Diddley (well, the lyrics refer to himself by his stage name repeatedly, although it may not be truly about himself)

"Mr. Bojangles" -- The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and many others (although the reference was indirect, being to someone who took his name from the real Mr. Bojangles)

Regards,
-- Al

Love the Bo Diddley.

Apparently Brian Wilson wrote Barbara Ann about Agent 99.  And there really was a girl from Ipanema.
Mr Bojangles was written and best performed by the amazing Jerry Jeff Walker not the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band just so we are correct.  And ummmm I can't believe I just corrected something Al wrote it must be upside down day!
Thanks, Jon.  You are correct of course regarding the authorship and first recording of the song.  The reason I mentioned the NGDB is that I believe their recording was the version that had the greatest commercial success, more so than Mr. Walker's as well as a great many other versions that have been released over the years.

Best regards,
-- Al