Best standalone music server?

So I am considering dipping my toes into the full digital world and was wondering what people here may consider as the best standalone music server, and here I am going to be specific.
I do not want to consider a home pc or mac based type of system at all!
Looking at adding one of the standalone models like for example the Wyred4sound ms1 or cocktail audio.
High on my list is ability to rip my cds directly at the unit itself, access to internet radio and other music apps (Pandora etc). High quality built in dac would be nice but if not then high quality digital out to run to an external dac. I will not be needing to access music files stored on another pc as my home pc is pretty old but fully functional for my simple needs. The only music looking to access from it right now are ripped cds and internet available music in whatever form.
So if it worked out well, yes it may be a replacement even for a cd player completely

Thank you
128x128uberwaltz
Sorry about your experience with the Squeezebox, uberwaltz. Mine is still working fine using JRiver on my Surface Pro with external hard drive, but it can be a real PITA to set up and sometimes requires, um, attention. Haha!

Directly to your question, I have heard the Naim and it sounds excellent and is easy to use, a one box solution.

I haven't heard the Sony HAP-Z1ES, but it has gotten good reviews. Worth investigating.

My Wyred4Sound DAC-2 is quite good, so I'm guessing their server might be, too.

"Best" is probably too broad a request. Some cost parameters would help. The Blue Sound seems like it could be a cost effective solution.

Of these, I would bet the Naim would be "best."

Good luck!

You should offer what price point ,unless you can afford over $10k
for under $3k the Aurender 100-H. Is about as good as you will need
ith the Custom excellent  conductor music app. 
A 120 Gibyte  memory buffer,and a internal 2 Terabyte hard drive 
can be purchased for around $2300 . Compare ,who else has a  
120  gigabyte memory buffer.  And a Linear  power supply. Check them out.
@ncarv
I feel 2 to 3k SHOULD get me something to work with?
I did look at the Naim unit and read a few reviews, one for sale right here for just 1100 atm so a fair price indeed.
And lol to the Logitech, when it worked it worked well but when it decided it could not find my network any more, it tried my patience indeed!
I ripped all of my CDs, to an external HD, and then transferred the files  to my Aurender N-100H server. The process was very easy and very happy with the end result. My main goal was to move to a digital front end system, but I did not want a lap top in my room, but a tablet is just fine. 
Not finding your network should be able to be solved, though I know it is not always easy.

I'm using Tidal for digital so much lately that I rarely use my cooked up server, neither of which sound as good as my CD transport, all running through the same DAC.