Best standalone music server?

So I am considering dipping my toes into the full digital world and was wondering what people here may consider as the best standalone music server, and here I am going to be specific.
I do not want to consider a home pc or mac based type of system at all!
Looking at adding one of the standalone models like for example the Wyred4sound ms1 or cocktail audio.
High on my list is ability to rip my cds directly at the unit itself, access to internet radio and other music apps (Pandora etc). High quality built in dac would be nice but if not then high quality digital out to run to an external dac. I will not be needing to access music files stored on another pc as my home pc is pretty old but fully functional for my simple needs. The only music looking to access from it right now are ripped cds and internet available music in whatever form.
So if it worked out well, yes it may be a replacement even for a cd player completely

Thank you
128x128uberwaltz

I was going to recommend this piece from Resolution Audio.

http://www.resolutionaudio.com/?page_id=63

The only issue is that you need to rip, tag and setup on a PC. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. You'll get the best possible rips and tagging will be faster and easier. When you use an auto tagger, it never gets all the metadata exactly right, so you'll need to edit tags manually, and that's much easier to do on a computer with your choice of tagging app. Once the setup is complete, you control everything with a smart phone or tablet.

A couple other things worth mentioning is that this unit comes with a built in high end CD player. You can't rip with it, but its nice to have because you can rip at your own pace and still be able to use it for everything. Also, this is where Steve Huntley from ARC, Wadia and Great Northern is now, so you know you're dealing with one of the top digital designers in the world. There's only a handful of people that are in his league.

Integrated ripping in the same box is a foolish requirement. Rip from any desktop or laptop using XLD(mac) or ExactAudioCopy(windows) to a network attached storage drive(aka NAS). I would argue that if you have a computer at all with a disk drive, then a built-in ripper is a detriment. With a laptop you can rip in other rooms while watching tv etc. Cheers,
Spencer
Foolish maybe but it is what I am looking for right now.
There are a number of higher end units that rip right to themselves and I would be surprised if ALL of them made a bad job of it?
But maybe I will have to revise my position on this, that is the point of asking opinions.
Not foolish at all and what I wanted. Call Neal at Sound Science and you will be happy. I wanted to do the same as you, but I am not a computer guy. I hate computers, working with them that is. Did not want a stressful situation with my music playing. Neal set me up perfectly with a Music Vault dedicated music computer, Roon, Tidal, cd ripping and storage and back-up....

Load the cd to be ripped and the computer takes it from there using SOTA ripping software and automatically backs it up and puts it in Roon. In Roon I see all of my ripped cds and all that Tidal has to offer! All in one spot! 

I use my ipad and/or phone as a remote to search and play my music. What a joy and Neal made it so easy.  Not one problem in over a year now, 
@grannyring
EXACTLY!
Sounds just the sort of deal I am trying to work out, likewise I know just enough about computers to be dangerous...to myself that is! I have wasted enough hours previously just to get a darn Squeezeboz to co-operate on my home network, think I was secretely glad when it just died!
I was also very keen on the idea of a system I could access through my phone as well.
I will be looking deeply into this, thank you!