Lumin A-1 or Lumin U1

I was all ready to buy either a Mytek or Sim Audio Dac / Streamer and then I found Lumin.  Can anyone provide me any feedback on the Lumin A1 or U1?  Easy to use?  Any issue?  Complaints?  Musicality?  I am looking for a combination DAC/Streamer.  
willgolf
FYI, Esoteric's app to control the player is made for them by Lumin, and works 99% like the Lumin app, so that difference won't come into play with your decision. Cheers,
Spencer
After spending about an hour with Dave from Audio Doctor, I have decided to buy the Lumin A1.  Dave really took the time to answer everyone of my questions and provided me with more information than I could have ever asked for.  Thanks Dave.  At the end of the day, I considered, PS Audio, T&A DAC 8, Auralic, Aurender, Sim Audio 380D, Mytek Manhattan and Brooklyn, Schitt, Bricasti M-1 to name a few.  I really wanted to simplify and that is why I wanted the one box DAC/Streamer.  This should go great with my Raven Integrated MK2 Reflection tube amp and my Wilson Audio Duette 2 speakers.  

I will third the opinion on the A1. It is fantastic. It was recommended to me by a group of diehard analog guys (Walker tables and the like)...Said it was the first digital that made them forget about it being digital.
   I have also found a great "side use" for the Lumin. I started ripping some of my vinyl to DSD128 using the Korg DS-DAC-10R. Now I know the Lumin A1 can only handle DSD64...but using Minimserver on the Synology NAS I can transcode to 24/384...The result is almost identical to playing the vinyl..In some ways better as I can play at higher volumes without feedback issues ( I have dual Seaton Subs). 
I’ve been reading posts about digital network streamers and came across this one of many regarding LUMIN. I would have to say I don’t put a lot of emphasis on professional reviews because they are ALL positive in on way or another. Reading what end users here seems to be a more honest way of hearing what people think about their gear. Looks like everyone that has LUMIN has been very happy with them. Well, I took a leap of faith and ordered the A1. Just got it a few days ago and I am amazed!  The unit is far from being broken in and it already exceeds my expectations compared to other gear I’ve tried. The instruments have very defined spaces in the imaging and also have a very musical harmonic tone about them. I’m also hearing songs that are so different from what I’m used to hearing that I find it bizarre and question whether the LUMIN is playing the same rendition of those songs. There’s instruments I’ve not heard before and the instruments that I have heard in the past take on a whole new sound signature that is very satisfying to listen to. Even my wife who doesn’t really notice much of the detail was sitting here tonight and she said “what was that? I never heard that before”...  I can’t wait until this thing breaks in and the soundstage opens up even more. I would highly recommend the A1!

Rick
I absolutely loved my Lumin A-1.  I thought the App was incredibly easy to use.  The sound echoed Rickray's sentiments.  That said I am just in the process of upgrading to a Laufner Teknik.  If I don't like it I am definitely going to go back to the Lumin.  My Lumin A-1 will be on Audiogon in the next week or so.