Looking at a new non-SACD player, but still own lots of SACDs

I am looking at upgrading my current CD player, my budget is $3K ish, certainly below $5K.  The two units I am looking at in the $3K range,  Moon Simaudio 260 and Rega Saturn R, do not play SACDs. Rather than give up my SACD collection, I wonder if anyone has any experience with a work around. 

The one thought that occurs to me is to find a modest priced SACD player (used) with a digital/optical out as a transport only and run it into the DAC of the new unit.  Will this work or is the SACD circuity in the DAC and not the transport/laser?

Are any other options?

Or should I be looking at a different new CD player that plays SACDs? 
meiatflask
Get a used Esoteric.  There was an Esoteric UX-1 player posted here a week ago for 2700.00.  It uses the Burr Brown PCM1704 R to R ladder dac which is one of the smoothest.  I have the UX-3 player with the same dac and transport and it is a keeper.  The UX-1 sold for over 11K when new.
bdp24 - I am using an Arcam CD17, was just under a grand new a few years ago. Nothing special, competitive for the cost. 

Stereo5/bdp24 - Thanks for the thoughts on a used Esoteric. I think the UX-1 that is for sale is from Europe, which I have concerns about buying from overseas.  I am not familiar with the rest of the Esoteric line. 

Folkfreak- with your Teac comment, sounds like the long term future of SACDs in in question.
You might want to consider the Marantz  SACD/CD players.  They have 2 or 3 players within your budget.  The SA11 being at the top end around $4000, the SA15 at around 2500 and the SA8005 at around 1200.
meiatflask-

what other gear, including cabling, is in your system?
What SACD player are you using?   If you like the Arcam CD17, move up to the Arcam FMJ model.

Happy Listening!
I agree with jafant. If you like sound, search for an Arcam jfm CD23T. The "T" version reads text on screen and has a Sony mechanism. It will give you HDCD capability. In addition it brings two toroidal transformers to the party. Ring Dac and digital out. Good luck.

N