Anyone own or heard of PrimaLuna?

Hi. First of all, I am not an audiophile but simply love music and like it certain way but not overly crazy. I started out with solid state Mcintosh for couple years. I recently listen to few tube amps like audio research, t+a, cary audio and prima luna. I can afford all those big expensive brands but I thought primaluna sounded as good if not better and it cost fraction of other big names.  Just curious if anyone has experience with it? What you like the most? What you feel need improvement? Any issue with customer service? How's the company? Is quality really that better as they claim against other competitors? Thank you for your feedback. 

gr8av4life
I buy and sell gear all the time.  Some my stuff is way more expensive but I will never sell my PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium integrated amp!

The build quality is excellent and the US importer is a straight up guy. 
I think they are good too but just need to check since I am new to tube and not familiar with their name.

Wondering those who bought a $35,000 amps just because they can afford and it's more of lifestyle or the $35k gears truly that great?

PrimaLuna says their gear is same level if not better than the 5 digits gears.

i am going to get a loaner and listen at home. Thanks guys. 

"Wondering those who bought a $35,000 amps just because they can afford and it's more of lifestyle or the $35k gears truly that great?"

A rich person that doesn't know anything about audio.

I’m sure the Primaluma line is excellent based on what I have read but have never listened to. If you are looking at value, dependability and performance you might also consider Music Reference, Jolida (mentioned by Wolf), Rogue and Quicksilver as well. All excellent performers and sensibly priced for the common man. I've had numerous tube amplifiers over the years and never have I had one more satisfying than the Quicksilver monos I currently listen to, they are gems.

Can’t comment on why anyone might consider that somehow a 35K amplifier would perform better than one at a fraction of the cost but that should be left up to the guys and dolls willing to write the check. I’ve never come to any profound realization that higher price necessarily equates to better performance, sometimes yes sometimes no IME. There are a lot of variables in this hobby which contribute to the end result which is part of the fun.
I own the Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP. I love it. Here are my Pros and Cons.

Pros: Excellent build quality matches sound quality--it’s built like a tank. Autobiasing circuits make entering and staying in the tube world much easier, and better sounding. Gobs of power and beautiful sound. Customer service, vis-a-vis Kevin Deal, is superb. Great value for the money. The thing is not cheap but you could easily spend double or triple to get the same level of performance. The remote is well made with an intuitive layout. Fit and finish are top notch.

Cons: Replacing batteries in the beautifully milled remote could be made to be a faster task. Also, I think the remote could be a touch more sensitive.

Yes, on the ’cons’, that’s all I could think of. Maybe I could say that some competitors’ products have more eye candy appeal--not that the Primaluna is ugly or cheap in anyway. Its design is understated and smooth.

Call Kevin Deal at Upscale Audio. He’ll talk your ear off about them. Granted he’s the distributor and part owner, I think. Nonetheless, he supply you with endless facts and stories to help you.