Awesome new cables from Jorma Design!

Jorma Design have released a new line of cables which replaces the old No.2 called 'Duality', including rca's, xlr's & a power cable. The new cables use the same materials used in No.2, but the quality is pushed to the limits whilst keeping the price about the same as the old model. The speaker cables use twin runs for the positive and negative, and are similar in design to the flagship Statement cables, only with simplified shieldings, and a slightly less pure grade of copper. Whilst the ic's and power cables use separate runs of cable within the same outer shieldings.

Jorma is very unlike 'commercial' cable companies who churn out new models every 2 years. Jorma takes the time needed to fully develop new models. No.2 remained unchanged for 12 years!

To describe the sound of Jorma cables, in a word I would say "natural". They get the tone/timbre of instruments spot on. Prime which I know very well nails the midrange. Jorma cables generally sound neutral (eg: Origo) to warm (eg: Unity, Prime), and are harmonically rich. Very musical sounding cables. What can I say, I just found the xlr cables for my next Oppo player!

Here is a link to further info - http://jormadesign.com/products/duality.htm
Interview with Jorma Kosky on the new Duality cables - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v971PM3YsW0&t=29s

melbguy1
audioblazer318 posts11-25-2016 2:47pmMihalis probably has more Jorma prime than any Jorma distributor in his massive , massive room.
He is an interesting guy. I think his gear list sais a lot about his musical tastes.
Melbguy1, noted that the Jorma cables are neutral, but are they extended and resolved? I tend to associate thin cables with thin sound. It seems Jorma is different? I am looking at Kubala Sosna Elation, but also interested to know your experience with Jorma. Regards.

I previously owned a full loom of Origo, including biwire sc’s & thought they were a great match with my previous Boulder 1060 & heavily modded Ayon CD-5s (as linestage). With some tubes in the mix, Origo is a good choice due to their neutral tonal balance. The Origo IC’s are great value imho. I found Origo well balanced & resolving, but also smooth, natural & neutral (more neutral than Unity or Prime).

Prime gives you a bit more of everything. It is more resolving and extended, harmonically richer, warmer, smoother & more liquid/flowing. It is the more sophisticated cable. Vocals are wonderful through Prime, and the Prime xlr’s are the best ic’s i’ve ever used. They are staying in my system & I have no desire to sell them. I would say if you’re considering KS Elation, Prime would be the Jorma cables to consider.