Fidelity Research FR-64 vs. FR-54

In a prior discussion, I had asked about tonearm suggestions for a Luxman PD-441 table that currently has a Denon DA-307 tonearm and Grado The Reference high output cartridge.  Many suggestions were provided.  A Fidelity Research FR-64 was suggested as a simple replacement.  I'm wondering if the FR-54 would also be good, being that it is mentioned in the Luxman manual in the same category as the Denon arm on there now?
bdunne
Raul, For the Nth time, I am only saying that MY FR64S sounds very good in my second system, which is very low in distortion and includes mostly solid state components in the chain from cartridge to speakers.  Not that I agree in any way with your other diatribes, against vacuum tubes.  But let's stick to the FR64S: My saying that I like my FR64S in this particular set-up does not mean that I think you are categorically "wrong" in your critique.  Got that? I do recognize the theoretical importance of "damping".  Until I put the stylus in the groove for the first time, I had no idea whether I would like or dislike the FR64S.  I only knew that if I disliked it, I would have no problem re-selling it.  But... I like it.

There are many cases in this hobby where components go against this or that widely held belief and nevertheless work well, and it is not always the case that they are perceived to work well only because they produce euphonic distortion.  I understand that you hate the FR64S/66S.  You are entitled to your feelings. Peace. Out.
Dear @thekong : """  Always talking about distortion... """

the home system name of trhe game is exactly that: distotion levels on each home audio system and if you can't understand it after those several times I posted then I think something is wrong in your overall audio understanding.

"""  but can you even prove the distortion level of your system is lower than any of our by any measure  """

@thekong I don't know if you still own that " terrible " Aesthetix I/O all tube phono stage that I know very good.

Well, that unit manufacturer gives you no single distotions measures in a 20K + dollar unit and what they gives are " terrible " numbers for say the least:

output impedance: 1kohms where high frequencies are degraded/losted in his cable travel to the amplifier.

RIAA eq. deviation:  swing of 0.5dbs from 20hz to 20kz.

noise level: 70 db.

Other than that, the cartridge signal must pass inside the phono stage for 6 different circuit stages where only because these so many stages the critical and sensitive cartridge signal suffer a huge degradation.

You love that unit and its quality performance levels. Do you know that unit everykind of distortion levels?, sure you do not and are asking me that I give you measures of my home system distortion levels!!!!!!!

Do you understand at least the complexity of what you are asking?

Certaninly not and that's why you ask.

We all need to learn about the name of the game: distortions and how to be aware of those distortions at each link in the home audio system chain.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.

Do you understand at least the complexity of what you are asking?

Dear Raul, quite frankly, I am very disappointed! Being a distortion expert, you are still drilling on the distortion level of a single piece of equipment, when I was asking for the distortion level of the whole SYSTEM!

The room is by far the biggest distortion generator in an audio system, and follows by the speakers! I would be very impressed if your room can achieve a frequency response 10 times the deviation of the IO, i.e. 5dbs from 20hz to 20khz.

Have you ever measured the frequency response and noise level of your audio room, or is it still too much complexity to you? Oh well…..