What is best tweeter height for the Devore O/96?

On the Devore Orangutan O/96 with the supplied stands from Devore Fidelity, the tweeter height is approximately 31.5 inches from the floor.  By comparison the tweeter height on the Devore Gibbon X is much higher at approximately 36 inches from the floor.  As a general rule, I always thought that it was more ideal to have tweeter height at approximately 36 inches, with the goal of having the tweeter at or near ear level, while in a seated listening position.  Why does the O/96 have such a low tweeter height?  What would be the effect of raising the O/96 to elevate the tweeter height to ear level?  John Devore could have made these stands any height he wanted for optimal sound, so why have the tweeter height so low?  Thanks for your comments.
bayreuth
I've been using Shindo Monbrison and Montille (CV391 version), and also a Croft integrated. It's the kind of speaker I'd like to be able to try a dozen different amp/preamps, because it seems to bring out the best in the amps and there are always pleasant surprises. I think the impedence curve has a lot to do with the speaker's success. The implementation of the 10-inch midrange/woofer is also quite amazing, and I'm wondering what it might sound like with a higher-power, high-quality SS amp. Or maybe a First Watt.
I have used the O/96 with a variety of SET amps including 300B and 845 designs with good results.  The O/96 is very revealing of upstream changes in amps and preamps, and it is highly compatible with different designs, including SS amps.  The O/96 works well with the First Watt J2 (as reviewed recently in Stereophile), but the speakers are even better with Pass Labs Class A amplifiers like the XA30.8.  The resolution, bandwidth and imaging are superb with that amp.  I also think the speakers benefit from higher damping factor of these amp designs compared to SET amps.  I'm using the XA30.8 with XP-20 preamp from Pass Labs, a wonderful combination with the O/96.
wolf_garcia2,776 posts01-11-2017 1:41pm"I think dchang1981's post was pretty damn funny. I can only assume he's talking about Clem Devore who is a retired plumber and doesn't seem to be in the speaker business at all."

I have a pair of Clem Devore's  top of the line speakers called the "A" Valve.
He has been able to combine his decades of plumbing knowledge with his audio expertise and has created one of the best speakers I have heard anywhere at any price. This is my last set of speakers, for sure.

I can't find the crossover point, found an old stereophile review with curves. Looking at those, I would guess that the crossover point is 2k... If I had designed these speakers.  I would tell you to measure the height to the center of your ear off the floor when sitting in your favorite listening position.  In my experience, that is normally 38 to 40 inches.  Then take the space between the woofer and tweeter and positon that at the same height.  By the curves, these speakers positioned at that height with a heavy or even full tow will sound their best. Looking at these, I would also think that the equilateral triangle type set up would work best... Meaning (whatever distance) say 9 feet between sweet spot of speaker --- (that spot between the woofer and tweeter),  then 9 feet from that same spot to your ears.