Used Ayre amp market pricing

I find the Ayre nomenclature confusing in that there are models with the same letters and number but their order seems significant.  I'm looking for a VX-5, not VX-5 Twenty, and wonder what the used market price is likely to be.  A 5-VX is too tall to fit in the space I have with 3" clearance.  Any advice will be appreciated.

db
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
BTW, I think I found the answer to my OP.  The market rate for an Ayre VX-5 seems to be around $4.5K, more than I want to spend for an amp in a secondary system.  I'm trying to devise a plan for fitting a taller V-5xe in into my cabinet.  The market for a V-5xe seems to be in the mid $2K range. 

"I'm trying to devise a plan for fitting a taller V-5xe in into my cabinet.  The market for a V-5xe seems to be in the mid $2K range."

That's a very good choice. I have 2 V-5's in my system, and even though Ayre makes newer, more expensive amps, the thought of upgrading never crossed my mind.

"I have 2 V-5's in my system"

How scrupulous are you in observing the recommended 3" clearance above the amp?  I can see maybe less than 2" being available, so I wondered about installing one or two 6" exhaust fans in the side of the cabinet adjacent to the amp.  The front and rear of the cabinet are open.

The cabinet will house a Sony HAP-Z1ES, Oppo BDP 105, Ayre K-5xeMP and V-5ex.  Another possibility is to mount the Ayre units on the upper shelves and mount the exhaust fan in the top of the cabinet, although that would be cosmetically more intrusive.  The cabinet is glossy black.

The one good thing about the VX-5 is that it can upgraded to a VX-5 twenty later on at a reasonable price.