Used Ayre amp market pricing

I find the Ayre nomenclature confusing in that there are models with the same letters and number but their order seems significant.  I'm looking for a VX-5, not VX-5 Twenty, and wonder what the used market price is likely to be.  A 5-VX is too tall to fit in the space I have with 3" clearance.  Any advice will be appreciated.

db
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd

"I might try an inexpensive V-3 that has a height of 5.5"."

There's a very big difference between the V-3 and the V-5. Have a look at listing lis7gccg. Its for a pair of Pass Aleph 0 mono amps. I used to have a pair. If you are able to work with their size, I think they're a much better choice than the V-3. For the price and condition, you can't go wrong, and should have no problem getting all your money back if you sell them.

Drilling holes sounds like a lot of work.  I've never had one but what about one of the silent fans you hear about?
BTW, I think I found the answer to my OP.  The market rate for an Ayre VX-5 seems to be around $4.5K, more than I want to spend for an amp in a secondary system.  I'm trying to devise a plan for fitting a taller V-5xe in into my cabinet.  The market for a V-5xe seems to be in the mid $2K range. 

"I'm trying to devise a plan for fitting a taller V-5xe in into my cabinet.  The market for a V-5xe seems to be in the mid $2K range."

That's a very good choice. I have 2 V-5's in my system, and even though Ayre makes newer, more expensive amps, the thought of upgrading never crossed my mind.